Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

98 C1500/Silverado: Fuel Pressure range?

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 C1500/Silverado: Fuel Pressure range?

So guys I replaced the intake manifold gasket and rocker cover gaskets, as well as new spider/injectors and fuel filter on my 1998 5.0L C1500/Silverado. Everything went back together fine, no leaks. Now however she's sputtering a little when I press the gas pedal, though not always, and runs fine at speed but now I'm getting P0171 and P0174 lean codes. I've looked for vacuum leaks via visual inspections and did the carb cleaner spray test looking for fuel trims to change. I cleaned the MAF and IAT sensors. No change and still the same codes. So I finally got my fuel pressure gauge kit today and checked my pressure. With just key on, no start the pressure is around 48psi. Cranking the engine it jumps to around 60psi. Engine running/idling it's around 46psi and racing the engine a bit the pressure comes up to around 48-50psi. Is this normal or low? Anyone know what range it should be? Thank you.

Last edited by Splat_NJ; March 26th, 2016 at 7:10 PM.
Old March 27th, 2016, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. I finally found the pressure should be 60-65psi when running. Looks like my pump is slowing dying. Of course no one has one in stock around me so gotta wait until Tuesday for it to come in. Could've gone with ACDelco or Delphi. I've had good luck with both but most guys seem to stick with ACDelco so I went with it. We shall see...