Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

C1500 Stepside 1994

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2021, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C1500 Stepside 1994

Guten nAbend allen Gleichgesinnten/Gemeinde...,
bin seid ca. 4 Wochen stolzer Besitzer eines 1994er c1500 Stepside Belgischer Herkunft/Zulassung(Import) ohne COC Papiere nur mit Datenblatt.
Zur Zeit bin ich noch dabei ihn HU tauglich und Paragraph 21 gerecht aufzuarbeiten.
Unterstütztung habe ich in einem Schrauber der sich schon seit Jahren mit US-Cars hier besonders mit Van beschäftigt.
Trotzdem bleiben doch einige Fragen offen.
Da wäre zum Beispiel das Thema AHK.
In einem Vorgespräch TÜV sagte uns dieser, ohne eine Freigabe von Chevy bezüglich Anhängelast trage ich max 1500 ein unabhängig davon was der Kupplungskopf zulässt. Oooooh wie lächerlich.
Eine Woche rumtelefoniert ohne Erfolg...,. es gibt diese Freigabe nicht.
Hier meine erste Frage hat jemand hier so eine Freigabe oder Schriftstück oder einen Rat wie ich hier zu einem besseren Ergebnis komme.
D-Wert und zulässiges Gesamtgewicht sind ohne Freigabe nicht relevant.
Das 2te Thema an dem ich knabberte ist die Beleuchtung,
Hier hat mein Vorgänger die Front umgebaut.
Die originale ist noch vorhanden mit SAENr und DOT sowie einem LTG für diese Lampen in Verbindung mit Tahoe Suburban usw nur nicht mit c1500. Es sind die gleichen Scheinwerfer.
LTG= Lichttechnisches Gutachten.
Sollte jemand so eins haben bitte um Info.
Nun kurz zu mir,
bin schon aus dem Teenie Alter raus und gehöre schon zu den etwas gesetzteren, habe einen Dodge RAM Van B250 und ein Boot aus den 80er mit Chevy 305 und genau für dieses soll der C1500 als Zugfahrzeug dienen.
Bin nicht ganz allein Junior und Schwiegersohn hängen mit drin.
Denke das reicht für's erste, bin für jeden Denkanstoß dankbar ob positiv oder negativ. Sollte nur Zweckdienlich also konstruktiv sein.

Last edited by Nor_beraht; November 10th, 2021 at 2:33 PM. Reason: Foto einfügen
Old November 14th, 2021, 11:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 266 Likes on 232 Posts

Not being familiar with Germany’s motor vehicle laws, and recognizing that Google translate has its limits, you’re needing some kind of certification regarding its towing capacity, correct? I don’t know where you would find anything short of contacting Chevrolet directly, and it’s unlikely they’d have any records dating back that far.

In the USA, the 1994 c1500 was factory rated at 5500 pounds (approximately 2500 kgs) towing capacity at the bumper. Granted that is for vehicles that were built for the USA, but I doubt the standards in Belgium are much different.

Look for labels in the driver side door jamb and the glove box that state the gross vehicle weight rating and other information about the truck. If the original owners manual is with it, that may also provide information.

Installing a frame mounted hitch would increase the towing capacity, so perhaps that’s an option in lieu of certification papers for the truck?

This truck should have no problems towing your boat, but even if you do acquire the documents you need, I’d recommend thoroughly inspecting the brake lines and hoses as well as the pads/shoes, rotors/drums, calipers and related hardware. The brake lines are sure to be heavily rusted if they’re original.

Hopefully this has been helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Nor_beraht (November 14th, 2021)
Old November 15th, 2021, 8:18 AM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I am going off what @Gumby22 said. I know my 1998 5.7 v8 4 speed auto has a rateing of 6,500.
Old November 15th, 2021, 8:51 AM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Here is the sticker in my door jamb. And their is also typically a very usefull sticker in the glove compartment with RPO codes. You can find RPO code lists online and decipher the build of your truck.