Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Gas Guzzler

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2017, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Guzzler

Hello. I've got a 93' C1500 that seems to be sucking gas at a ridiculous rate. I pulled off the breather and watched the TBI after warming up to normal operating temp and injectors do not appear to be pulsing. Perfect cone shaped mist but constant stream. I've tested the map sensor, replaced the plugs, replaced the O2 sensor, replaced the EGR valve and EGR solenoid, checked for vacuum leaks, made sure the injectors weren't stuck open via unplugging them, etc. I'm having trouble deciding what to look at next. I sucked a quarter tank of gas in 30 miles last night. I was pulling my trailer, but I've never burnt that much fuel before with it. Even on a level stretch of road, increasing the speed from 65 to 70 took much longer than it should have and the peddle was to the floor. It seems like something is choking the life out of it. Exhaust smells strongly of unburnt fuel and it runs really rough even without trailer attached. Please ask any questions that you need and thank you in advance for your participation and assistance.