Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Mr. Gadget Truck

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2023, 4:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Gadget Truck

Hi guys. I have been working on what I call my "Mr. Gadget" truck. It is a 1988 Chevy C3500, with a utility box on the back. I bought it in 2012. It's an Az. truck, originally registered to the Az. Dept. of Natural Resources. It had 74K when I got it, it now has 85K. Over the years I have replaced the head gaskets, valve stem seals, 2 tires, heater core, AC compressor, and the radio. It runs EXCELLENT ! I would trust this truck to drive anywhere. I have also added a few gizmos to it. Some things you typically wouldn't find on an '88 1 ton. The utility box has an alarm system on it. When set, if you open one of the doors, a siren will blare, horns will honk, and a strobe light will go off. Shutting the door won't do you any good. It's going to go for 30 seconds, regardless. There is also a "drive off" alarm. I was forever taking off down the street with one of the box doors open. If I do that now, a beeper will sound. If I shut the key off with the lights still on, a beeper will sound. It also has a back-up camera with Bluetooth hands free dialing. Works really well with my Bluetooth hearing aids. Upgraded radio and speakers, power windows, a ladder rack, and dash cam, Plus a few other bits here and there. But, I have a question.

I have never seen a truck where the seat back would not fold forward. Is it not suppose to? Am I doing something wrong? Is mine broke?
Thanks for any help. Greg

I forgot. It also has remote start.