Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

COMPANY SCREWED MY ALARM... Can I Sue?

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2011, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPANY SCREWED MY ALARM... Can I Sue?

I bought an alarm for my 2007 tahoe worth 390 dollars, the company that i bought it from then installed the alarm. After the alarm was installed (15 minutes after i received my vehicle) I checked everything to make sure it was all working, and of course it wasn't. The key said that one of my doors were opened which was false, the security light was constantly on, and the back doors when opened while the vehicle was locked didn't sound the alarm. I took it back not even an hour after they installed it and they fixed the light and my key saying my doors where opened. But my security system still doesn't work when the back doors or opened. I told the man that I payed 390 dollars for a working security system, i payed up front they installed it. The system doesn't work, and they are saying i need to take it to another mechanic to fix it. After all that i told them you can take the system out and give me my money back, or make the system work like its suppose too. But they wont do neither, do I have the right to sue them? and am I in the right or in the wrong?
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

stay at the store till its fixed and block there bay doors with you vehicle till then. its not worth tryin to sue cause it will take you forever and it will cost a ton of money. that is what i would do
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Im going back on monday. Im just so frustrated Im a DJ trying to pay my way through college and I try and invest in a good alarm system for my truck and I get screwed over like this. You got me thinking about blocking the bay doors forreal, but thats gotta be illegal and i dont wanna get in trouble for something they started
Old June 26th, 2011, 2:54 AM
CF Beginner

i cant see that being illigal, dont think its any different then what they did too you. and when your there talk to every customer that walks through the door and tell them whats going on. they will lose alot of business then
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Document everything, contact your local BBB office and file a claim...
Work with the the folks that did the install, talk to a manager, don't be a dick(yet)...
Don't block or obstruct their business, they can call the cops and have you removed...do express your concerns with other patrons if need be but be careful of what you do as can royally screw up your vehicle and you will be stuck with the bill...

If nothing else have them removed the system and refund your money and take your business elsewhere..
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Thats what i want to do, either have it fixed or removed. Im just not tryin to spend anymore money for an alarm. I dont want them saying well you need to buy this this and this to make it work and i come out spending 700 to 1000 dollars. I feel that if i bought a security system and payed for an install thats what i should get. I just dont wanna be out 400 dollars and stuck with a faulty alarm system
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
CF Active Member

is it a stand alone store or a large chain store/ if its a chain store i would contact corporate HQ. and let them know one of their stores is selling/installing equip. and they cant do it properly.
Old June 26th, 2011, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Its a stand alone store i believe. But its not like no run down store that says alarm on it. It has its own body shop, techs, and everything.
Old June 26th, 2011, 5:20 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by KiDD QuE
Its a stand alone store i believe. But its not like no run down store that says alarm on it. It has its own body shop, techs, and everything.
O.K. only reason i mentioned that: years ago i had a Sirrius Sat. radio installed in a vehicle by a chain store in my area that was "Experienced Installers" when i left, my rear power windows would not go up. i went right back and they dicked around for an hour and nothing. i left and luckily the dealership was open. i explained the situation and someone blurted out "Let me guess, you went to XXXXXX for the installation" I was shocked and asked how did you know. they said they get their mistakes back all the time.