Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Vibration on front passenger side while at high speed going into lower rpm

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2017, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration on front passenger side while at high speed going into lower rpm

I have a vibration on the front passenger side of my 1994 Chevy k1500 while at high speeds in OD once i get up to speed and it goes into the overdrive gear and drops to a lower rpm i get a vibration on the front passenger side that feels like im hitting a rumble strip if i give it some gas it goes away, it happens in D as well but a lot less frequently because of the higher rpm it also happens while im traveling at higher speeds and have to make a slight curve with the road i can feel that vibration while im making the curve but once i straighten it back up it goes away. I have a 6 inch lift with fairly new 35 inch tires that were just balanced and rotated, New CV axles, New outer tie rods. i have had this problem since before i did this work on the truck. Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you in advance.
Old November 8th, 2017, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar issue

I had a really similar issue out of my 88 Cheyenne single cab. Turned out to be a bend in my drive shaft. It did feel like it was up front though