Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1999 Silverado rear parking brake dragging

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2019, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Silverado rear parking brake dragging

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have a question.
I have just replaced the rear brakes on my truck last evening, removing the drivers rear was simple everything came apart without issue. I replaced the worn rotor with a new one and also replaced the parking brake shoe, no issues!
I went to do the passenger rear and the rotor was hanging up on the parking brake shoe. After lots of fighting I was finally able to get everything apart, cleaned everything and started to install all the new parts. The new parking brake shoe was a little more difficult to get over the hub flange and once over I noticed that it wasn’t as tight against the adjuster as the drivers side had been. Didn’t think anything about it. Getting the new rotor over the shoe proved to be almost as painful as removal. I have also replaced the adjuster for the parking brake and it was turned all the way in. With a little more playing around I was finally able to get the rotor on, but noticed that it seemed that the shoe was dragging on the rotor.
Has anyone run into this issue before? What should I do to get it to stop dragging? It’s only the one side that is an issue.

thanks
Damon