Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2003 AC issues

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2020, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2003 AC issues

Guys I'm having serious issues with my AC. First it want work at all. I had taken it to a local mechanic for him to look at. He would find nothing wrong except that the blower was not getting enough power.

when you turn the truck on as long as the AC is off I get no warning lights. soon as I even turn the blower on or turn the AC on or turn any thing on I immediately get the Brake like is on, and the anti-brake light comes on. Then nothing happens. I figured it was the AC module, so ordered a new one. Plugged it in and with in 15 seconds of it working it quit and is doing the same thing that it was doing before.

Is there something else that could be causing this? I'm lost on this one. Electrical is not my strong suit.
Old December 25th, 2020, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTETexasDan;457484]Guys I'm having serious issues with my AC. First it want work at all. I had taken it to a local mechanic for him to look at. He would find nothing wrong except that the blower was not getting enough power.

when you turn the truck on as long as the AC is off I get no warning lights. soon as I even turn the blower on or turn the AC on or turn any thing on I immediately get the Brake like is on, and the anti-brake light comes on. Then nothing happens. I figured it was the AC module, so ordered a new one. Plugged it in and with in 15 seconds of it working it quit and is doing the same thing that it was doing before.

Is there something else that could be causing this? I'm lost on this one. Electrical is not my strong suit.[/QUOTE]
sounds like a ground issue. easiest way to check is to hook a wire from the negative battery terminal (B-) to the ground bolt on the base of the dash. then run it to see if every thing works. you might just find the issue right there.