Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Electrical gremlins getting worst

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2017, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical gremlins getting worst

Aftermarket stereo and other gremlins..

So had a stereo professional install and worked find for years and now it's started having problems with my Ignition one click on and unit turns on no problem and works
Soon as Ignition 2 clicks to start engine and unit then starts up, the stereo interface module clicks and relay clicks and then clicks and unit turns off, interface continues to show green LED light being on tho... After a few starting of the engine and stopping or after a short 15 minute drive, the unit will most likely go on and stay while engine is running. Also with my 4wd it pops up on Display to service 4wd at various time totally out of pattern. Problems are Connected or not?

​​​​​​And another thing sometimes when my truck is started the display will show Driver 1 and sometimes Driver 2, I bought truck 10 years ago and have only ever had the driver 2 key so why the driver 1 shows up??

Totally drawing a blank with these problems any and all help is greatly appreciated.