Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Funky shaped tiny pin thing

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2023, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky shaped tiny pin thing

Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what this is? I pulled the pump out of my 4L60E and there was a teeny tiny funky mushroom shaped metal pin thing just chilling there on the ledge where the pump sits. I had the transmission laying on its side so it could have fallen out from anywhere and maybe scooted down when the pump came out.
Old November 4th, 2023, 3:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

it looks like a sheared off rivet
Old November 4th, 2023, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Not sure if this helps...it was sitting right on the lip of the pump housing when I pulled the pump out (tranny laying on it's side) The only thing I can think of is I forgot to unplug the pump filter sensor that goes in from the wire harness into the side of the pump and it brok in half, with half of it still in the pump. Which is no problem I have an extra harness. Anyway, I don't think it would have fallen out of the filter though. I could be wrong. I actually already rebuilt this transmission and put it back together. The only reason I took it back apart is I heard a check ball rolling around in the pan. I was really irritated so I kind of just hurried up and pulled the pump out without taking out that one sensor for the wire harness.
Old December 14th, 2023, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Twistymcfly1
Hi everyone. Can someone tell me what this is? I pulled the pump out of my 4L60E and there was a teeny tiny funky mushroom shaped metal pin thing just chilling there on the ledge where the pump sits. I had the transmission laying on its side so it could have fallen out from anywhere and maybe scooted down when the pump came out.
same thing in my 2007 suburban. You find out what it is??
Old December 19th, 2023, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jonathanerodman32@gmail.com
same thing in my 2007 suburban. You find out what it is??
No not really. I had this same little pin fall out of another transmission that I was taking apart too. On both of those trannies I got in a hurry and forgot to pull out that filter/sensor that goes from the solenoid harness into the side of the pump before removing the pump. I ended up braking off that filter piece on both of them. It might have something to do with that but not really sure.

​​​​​​
Old March 14th, 2024, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Twistymcfly1
No not really. I had this same little pin fall out of another transmission that I was taking apart too. On both of those trannies I got in a hurry and forgot to pull out that filter/sensor that goes from the solenoid harness into the side of the pump before removing the pump. I ended up braking off that filter piece on both of them. It might have something to do with that but not really sure.

​​​​​​
​​​​I did the same thing! Broke that piece.