Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Heater core quick disconnect help

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2019, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core quick disconnect help

Hey. I'm new here. I've owned this Chevy since 2011. It's a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500. About a year and a half ago I saw I was losing antifreeze. My mechanic found the leak. It's where the heater core lines attache to the heater core. The quick disconnect tips Chevy installed when the truck was original made failed. My mechanic by passed the heater core cause I was struggling with money. But I have no heater or defroster and makes it a pain during cold weather to drive. My heater core is good. And I've bought the tool from a part store to remove those tips but to no success. I need help to understand what tool would be best to remove those tips. Feel free to send me pictures or links to what I need to do. I do know, theres not much room to work with to remove those tips. Please, if any one can give me good sound advice on how to fix this id really appreciate it. If there is another thread that discusses this topic please link me to it. Like I say, I'm very new here.
Old February 21st, 2019, 6:59 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Hope this helps.
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
thanks, but I've found it's not as easy as this guy shows. I'm very frustrated right now. I've watched this video before among others on YouTube. I guess I'll give it another try soon.