Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

map sensor

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2019, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking map sensor

I have a 1999 silverado 2500 has a code p0401 which is low e.g.r. control. I have replaced tubes and valve. Am I correct that the pressure is controlled buy the mas air reading. Which controls the e.g.r. trigger for the m.i.l.l. lamp. Also my bank 2 long term fuel trim is not changing its at 0. So could this be a restriction in the cat? It was working after I changed it a few months ago. I have bought a altel meter and the graft shows it not oscillating. all the others are around 0 to 2 oscillation. By the way I have checked all the terminals for reference voltages and control except the map. which is tomorrow project.
On another problem have a c0205 code on abs anyone ever try to resolder the terminals in board? The meter says the ground terminals inside are not working. I kind of new there was a problem with it as could make abs lamp flicker if i really pushed on plug. In the warm summer air its on all the time in the winter its off and on.
The Autel I'm using is a MS906bt Any one use this tester???
Old December 7th, 2019, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Question

Well tested the mass sensor with my fluke v-88 was working perfect through all the vacuum added. Every thing was working had the mil lamp still on for egr. Do not think the exhaust is heating up as have a vapor cloud. I do not have a temperature gun to tell. Any ideas?
Old December 12th, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

well it is still setting mil lamp. I be leave the sound is when the egr valve opens. The light is instant. Almost like it is sucking up a piece of carbon or converter in the exhaust manifold. Before I put new tube on egr at the manifold ran a cable in it to make shure it was open. Is that even possible to happen?
Old December 13th, 2019, 6:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

the egr checks the flow using the map sensor... manifold absolute pressure...not maf...mass air flow. the pcm expects to see a change in the map sensor reading when the egr opens...ie drop in vacuum.
if you have any map codes...correct them first