Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Need opinions on what to add

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2021, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need opinions on what to add

So I bought a lifted 05 Chevy Silverado 1500 4wd last year around october. It needs some TLC, but it's not terrible. I'm looking to replace a few things and i'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on what to change or what parts to go with. Here's a list of stuff I'm having issues with.
  • It has a sunroof but it's caulked(I'm assuming because it leaked), I want to put a new one in because I love the sun roof, but I can't find a replacement online anywhere for an 05.
  • It's lifted 6 inches on suspension and 3 on body, but nothing has name of company on it and I'm needing parts for it, do I just find bolts and what not or go ahead and buy a brand new lift to completely fix those.
  • I have steps that bolt onto the fram through the body mounts, But a bolt on my front passenger side is sheared off(Head is gone but bolt is still intact), Middle one came out just fine, but the rear passenger cab bolt just spins, doesn't loosen or tighten, Is there a way I can remove that back one and the front one? If so where do I buy the correct length of bolts to put back through since it has a 3 inch body lift.
  • My engine seems to rough idle, I put a aftermarket air filter on it, but it still idles rough. It can be sitting there idling for 5 minutes and it would sound like it's not getting gas, but then it idles back up and starts to idle fine for a few minutes, then goes back to crap. Any idea what that could be?
  • My gas filler neck was a flex tube, but it had a huge leak, I went to the auto store and got some rubber hose, and I bought a new fuel filler neck but when I put gas in it, I have to physically hold the handle and I can only put so much into it before it stops and I have to hold the gas handle in a specific spot. I don't know if lifting the body and suspension messed with being able to order a stock fuel fill line and using an oem, but I can't seem to find one of those online anywhere either.
  • My rear right leaf springs, the bottom 2 of 4 started to creep out towards the tire, Hard to tell how long it's been like this but it does have rust on the part that is moved a bit out, so it's been like that awhile.
  • I'm wanting to completely redo my front end, and I need to replace all 4 shock absorbers(2 in front and 2 in back) but im not sure what to get. As I stated my truck has a 3 inch body lift and a 6 inch suspension. If anyone could help me find exactly what I need that would be great.
  • If anyone knows where I can get a locking tailgate handle, i'd love that aswell, I have a toolbox but I live in a sketchy part of town and I'm afraid some crack head might try to steal my stuff.
  • My steering wheel has the illuminating buttons, most of which are burnt out, any recommendations on the best led ones and best way to install them?
  • My tow haul button, doesn't seem to work or my dash light doesn't work, any idea how to check either one?
I'll most likely think of more stuff but that's mostly off the top of my head. So far it has been a great truck. I know a 9 inch lift seems a bit ridiculous, but I love the look of the lifts and the meaty tires. If anyone can help me that'd be greatly appreciated!