Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

security system in 07 silverado classic (03-06 body)

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2021, 5:40 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security system in 07 silverado classic (03-06 body)

so i bought this vehicle in 2017, a 2007 Silverado classic (03-06 modle) 2wd 4.8 v8 crew cab and long story short i was stolen a year ago (2020) and ever since my theft security light has been on. truck starts and runs fine, light doesn't blink at all just stays steady on. now I've tried everything in my ability to figure out why this light is on(besides go to the dealer cause a diagnostic alone is 200), so here's some info on what i KNOW happened when they stole it:
the front breaks were cut (assuming for parking break?), the door handle was broken through to unlock vehicle, and the ignition coil solenoid(where the key slides into) was broken to where a screw driver/anything is able to start it, also the 3 pin connector that connect to top of solenoid was disconnected.
Now. i fixed both break lines. breaks are fine. i fixed the door handle and lock. i also replaced the ignition solenoid. still no luck.
the problem is, after i replaced the solenoid, my key and key fob was stolen from a friend (let him borrow the truck while i was over the road, the wheel fell off of it while he was driving and he left it in the middle of the street, never told me about it, had to call around to figure out what impound it was in) any way he was too scared to come bring me my key so he trashed it. i had a spare for the new ignition but i needed a new key fob and i tried programming it the simple you know hold unlock and cycle on twice, well the locks would cycle before i would let go of the lock button (read online its supposed to cycle after you let go of lock button, if it cycles before, you have to have the dealer program it) BUT here's the thing i went to a locksmith who can program key fob through the obd and he said he wasn't getting any signal from where hes supposed to the be able to program it(the obd is getting signal i cleared codes at oriellys days before, I've checked every fuse, mini fuse but all work). Said i needed a mechanic. ive tried the cycle on/of for 30 min and 30 seconds to relearn pass lock, it did nothing after 10 min. didn't blink or anything. but i was told by dealer that looking at my vin number my vehicle did not come with transponder key(i went thinking if i got original key and ignition it would help fix issue). so would that take the relearn pass lock procedure out of question? all my locks work so i I'm not sure if its the locks themselves but i wont rule that out.

also i did disconnect my battery for an hour and reconnect it and the light went away, but still could not program key fob (light cam back on because i have kill switch tied to ignition because guy might still ahve my key and also to prevent theft because i cannot lock my doors due to not having original door key and key fob)

i have tried disconnecting battery for 30, plugging back my radio, that did away with the light but did not allow me to program key fob

Now my questions are:
- Could it be the body control module? like by any means?
- What could the thieves done more than rig the ignition to where it has this light on?
- Could they have fried something or is there a security box somewhere i missed?
- Also can you upgrade a steering column to have transponder key in it if it didn't have one out of factory
- What is this place where the programmer could not get a signal to program key fob? can i replace it, does it have a fuse
- Do i need to buy a key solenoid for the door so that i can lock the door and then unlock it with a key so it knows I'm not a thief? because i have locked all the doors with the switch and left the driver unlocked a few times so i could have some sort of security system in place so i at least know if somebody was trying to steal it again, so the alarm would go off every time i got in it, but i ended up just leaving it unlocked since, for the neighbors since i used to work early.
- Is there ANY other security fuse, box, module i don't know of that i can possibly check?
- is there a transmitter that i dont kow of for the key fob or is there a reciever thats burn or broken that i need to replace?

notes:
i have an aftermarket radio installed but i do have original one (not sure if its the one on the vin number but the radio was in it when i got it and if that were the issue would it not had the light on when i got it?)
ive seen online where alarm will go off randomly during the night or something due to bad BCM, but mine has no issues like that, the only thing i have is the light constantly on, cannot program key fob.
i know i was able to program a key fob on my own when i got the truck because i bought one on eBay the month i got the truck and programmed it

i just want to try all my efforts before spending 200 on a diagnostics to find out it something simple to replace.
i could ask them to just program a key fob to it and then they tell me they cant cause maybe they locksmith cant do something the dealer can.

again, vehicle turns on and runs fine, drives fine, locks and unlocks fine, no dash problems other than theft light. i am going to eliminate the "killswitch" from the vehicle to take that out of question, disconnect the battery and such, but i still cant get a key fob installed.

one more thin, could i get an aftermarket remote start installed with this security problem? thats another alternative im willing to do cause it comes with its own transmitter and such for the key fob it comes with
Old November 17th, 2021, 6:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's illegal for a dealer to sell a stolen car. The car must be returned to the original owner. The dealer, by law, is responsible for costs. They are liable to run the VIN before sale.

It's illegal for a dealer to spread information on how to evade security systems or to use technology they have on a car without running the VIN.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED