Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Starting problem

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2021, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problem

I drove my truck to ball game I had and back the next morning I go to start it and it just clicks once so I thought it might be a dead battery so I tried to jump it and it done the same thing so I replaced the battery and tried starting it and done the same thing one click so I thought it might be the starter so I replaced it and same thing one click I’ve checked the grounds wires from the starter and I can’t figure out what’s wrong it’ll do the one click thing sometimes and it’ll also click like it’s a dead battery so I’m stumped on what it could be
Old February 7th, 2021, 4:05 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Darian alexander
I drove my truck to ball game I had and back the next morning I go to start it and it just clicks once so I thought it might be a dead battery so I tried to jump it and it done the same thing so I replaced the battery and tried starting it and done the same thing one click so I thought it might be the starter so I replaced it and same thing one click I’ve checked the grounds wires from the starter and I can’t figure out what’s wrong it’ll do the one click thing sometimes and it’ll also click like it’s a dead battery so I’m stumped on what it could be
Well, how about checking the positive lead?
Old February 7th, 2021, 11:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 93 Likes on 84 Posts

Check your negative ground cable and make sure the end that attaches to the block is clean, and that the cable ends have not developed the dreaded green grunge of oxidation.