Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Starts after it sits for awhile bogs down then dies

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2019, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starts after it sits for awhile bogs down then dies

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 v6 Manuel trans all stock no power anything Manuel sears windows locks everything and I’m having a problem I was driving and it turned into a mechanical bull and I had to pull over the truck would start and idle but sound like it was about to die. I got a buddy to tow me home and have been trying to figure out what’s wrong. I rand a code reader and it said my canister vent solinoid was weak so I replaced that and still nothing. My fuel pump turns on so it’s not that but the trucks acting like it isint getting enough gas. Somone said it could be eletrical but I have spark and don’t know how to tell if it’s something else. Could my fuel pump be bad and not working right or is it somthing else? I’m gonna replace my fule filter today after school and work cause mabye its clogged but I don’t think that’s the problem. Thanks
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just because the fuel pump is turning on doesn't mean it is supplying the correct pressure needed to run the engine. Put a tester on it and those 4.3's run around 58-65 psi.
If that is good then you move on to the next thing.
Old September 24th, 2019, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Craig0320
Just because the fuel pump is turning on doesn't mean it is supplying the correct pressure needed to run the engine. Put a tester on it and those 4.3's run around 58-65 psi.
If that is good then you move on to the next thing.
Thanks I’ll give it a shot
Old November 11th, 2019, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

What did you find out? I'm having the same issue with my 01
Old November 12th, 2019, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Matt Kennedy
I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 v6 Manuel trans all stock no power anything Manuel sears windows locks everything and I’m having a problem I was driving and it turned into a mechanical bull and I had to pull over the truck would start and idle but sound like it was about to die. I got a buddy to tow me home and have been trying to figure out what’s wrong. I rand a code reader and it said my canister vent solinoid was weak so I replaced that and still nothing. My fuel pump turns on so it’s not that but the trucks acting like it isint getting enough gas. Somone said it could be eletrical but I have spark and don’t know how to tell if it’s something else. Could my fuel pump be bad and not working right or is it somthing else? I’m gonna replace my fule filter today after school and work cause mabye its clogged but I don’t think that’s the problem. Thanks
Hey all. I had a similar problem with my 03 4.8 shorty. Started misfiring in and out then did it worse and worse. I swapped plugs, wires, swapped 2 fuel pumps, 2 fuel filters, cleaned injectors TWICE. After cleaning a rail for the second time we swapped 2 injectors and the problem occurred on the cylinder in which we swapped injectors. Cleaned the injector that was gummed up and ran perfect!! For 30 minutes that is. Started doing the same **** again. But that was a good thing. I replaced everything possible on that truck it had all new parts, it turned out to be a ****ty, ****ty tank of 91 octane from ULTRAMAR. Run some sea foam and shell 91 through it because she’ll is the cleanest fuel out there without a doubt, thing ran perfect.