STUMPED! Front End Noise - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

STUMPED! Front End Noise

CF Beginner

October 12th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #1  
STUMPED! Front End Noise

I have an '03 SIlverado 1500HD 2WD with 150k miles on it, and it's got me stumped. I started hearing a growling (bearing?) noise coming from the drivers side front corner. So I rotated tires front to back (have off-road tires) to see if tire was the problem. Same result, still have noise coming from left front. Also found that at highway speeds, noise would go away when doing a left-hand turn, but no change in noise when making a right-hand turn. Figured it was a slam dunk - front bearing going out, so replaced the drivers side front hub. Took it out and still making the exact same noise! After 100 miles or so, convinced myself I may have gotten a defective hub, so replaced it again. No luck, exact same noise still happening. Grasping at straws now, possibly power steering pump going bad? Any ideas? Thanks!

CF Senior Member

Hicksville Ks

October 14th, 2017, 3:58 PM   #2  
odd. I would've thought wheel bearing too. You did the same diag I did when I determined mine needed done.

CF Beginner

October 15th, 2017, 1:29 AM   #3  
Posted By: hicksvilleshick odd. I would've thought wheel bearing too. You did the same diag I did when I determined mine needed done.
I had the same thing going on. I replaced the left front hub, still had the noise coming from what sounded like the left front still!. Jacked it up and found the right front hub to have play. Replaced the right front one and that corrected it. I think the noise transfers so well through the front end that it seems like the left front.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: