Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Water pump??

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2017, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump??

I need some help figuring out a problem I'm having with my 2004 Silverado 5.3L 4wd pickup. I was driving home one day and I heard a clicking noise and when I pulled in my driveway my truck was steaming. When I popped the hood I smelt like the old radiator water smell and there was water everywhere. At first I thought it was my radiator and I planned on replacing it but when I went to go find the crack (hole) I saw it wasn't coming from the radiator it was coming more from the water pump area. I watched some stuff and read some stuff and they said when water is added, if your pumps bad it should drip once or twice every ten minutes but when I add water it takes it about 30 seconds- 1 min and it's just a steady stream. Come or it be a busted hose, bad gasket, or does my water pump have a hole/crack in it somewhere??
Old June 27th, 2017, 9:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Garlock seal weep hole? If so, that's the small hole off the shaft of the water pump, then yes replace the pump.