Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

07 silverado hard shift 1-2

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2019, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 silverado hard shift 1-2

Hey guys new here!

For the last several months I have been experiencing a hard shift between 1st and 2nd. Now with some searching I have found most replace the 1-2 accumulator to resolve this. However the only time I'm experiencing this is while "service traction control, service stabilitrak and traction control off" messages are displayed. Also I get an intermittent cylinder 1 misfire code.

With several hours of googling it seems each of these issues have their own fix however I would think these issues should have come along one at a time rather than all at once.

The sequence of events is as follows. I'll start the truck, most of the time the service messages are not present and the shifts into reverse or first are fine. Usually then within a few moments of the truck moving the messages come on, truck shifts hard into second and the hard shift triggers a check engine light for a misfire.

But when their on right away the truck shifts into reverse or first a little almost the rpm's are high.

While driving the truck the service messages will go away from time to time and the trans shifts fine

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great, and I apologize if this seemed a little scattered brained.
Old November 1st, 2019, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

So I just found this on another forum, sounds like fun.

https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/p...ontrol.282151/
Old November 1st, 2019, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

FIXED!!!

I would have never guessed all of my originally listed issues could be caused by a bad spark plug.