Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 silverado radio & speaker problem

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2017, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door speakers

[QUOTE=Ausshir24;316475]My speakers in my 07 chevy Silverado aren't working only my tweeters work but every once in a while some of my speakers will start working[/QUOTE

did you ever find out what the problem was with your door speakers? I have a 2008 duramax and I just started having this problem. 104k miles and only tweets on pillars work. Any help would be great
Old August 7th, 2022, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall?

Originally Posted by USMC Doc
Both rear speakers and front right (passenger side speakers--door and at dash level) have no sound. Bought the truck new in August 2007. Problem started occurring after the 186,000 miles. I have been putting up with the problem since about December 2014. The "open door with key in ignition" alarm is barely audible and seems to come from the left, front (drivers side--dash level) speaker. I can still hear the radio through the one speaker that is working, but is definitely annoying with rear passengers in ext. cab trying to hear something from the one tiny dash level speaker that works. The problem has moved around over time---certain speakers worked, while others did not, and they eventually quit working until I have what I described above. Cherolet makes a great 4x4 truck but obviously does not use quality parts in their stereo systems. I am not impressed! While very annoying and disappointing, I would like to get it fixed, but can't see the reason to do so since no dealership can tell me "Why" this has occurred in the first place. I have always owned a Chevrolet product from Impalas to Monte Carlos and Chevelle and have family members who also buy nothing but Chevys, however it may be a time for change. Our family has eight trucks and five/eight are experiencing the same problem. They bought after market sterios but I am not impressed with cutting out the molded speakers in the doors (asthetics) or wear headphones in a $37,000 vehicle. I just want it fixed correctly.

What recall are you talking about? I have this issue and knew nothing about it.