Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 silverado radio & speaker problem

Old February 7th, 2013, 4:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 silverado radio & speaker problem

hey chevy forum,

im new to this forum, and wondered if someone can help me find out the problem on my 2007 silverado lmm duramax diesel.
the locks on my truck lock at random times and the alarm goes of also randomly, i know that cant be me because the key remote doesnt work. the speakers worked ok at times but around 6 months ago the right speakers used to at times be quieter than my left speakers, but recently the right door speakers have stopped working all together. only the tweeters work on the right side. the radio and the speedometer lose power at random times for a split second. im thinking i might have a loose wire, but i dont know where to start. im not sure if its from the side of the alarm system or the radio. the truck was purchased from a man that put it in a ditch on the drivers side, and the radio has been replaced, and that didnt fix anything. it seems like a major problem, but it just might be a wire rubbing, any ideas guys? i hope you can help me with this problem. thanks
Old February 15th, 2013, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Add my truck to the list. 08 Silverado extended cab. Noticed my front door speakers aren't working yesterday....
Old February 16th, 2013, 8:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ktrot25,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This issue may be due to a wiring short. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer more information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician in your area, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 20th, 2013, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default u possibly tens of thousand other people

i had the same problem with my 08 3500hd replaced all 4 speakers about y

ear ago and no problem after that. check this thead 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue(1 2 3 ... Last Page
Old July 25th, 2014, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2007 Silverado is having issues similar to the others. My speakers were working fine until a little over a week ago. The door speakers stopped working one day while the tweeters worked fine. Two days' later the speakers started working fine and did so for a couple of days. I set up an appointment at my dealer and was told the truck had been hit by lighting and had blown the speakers out. My question to that is wouldn't it affect more than the speakers if that happened? Today the left door speaker started working fine. I have read that this is a problem but when I asked the dealer they told me my vin was not in the recall even though it sounds like the same problem.
The following users liked this post:
drumrgeek (August 7th, 2022)
Old September 11th, 2014, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Both rear speakers and front right (passenger side speakers--door and at dash level) have no sound. Bought the truck new in August 2007. Problem started occurring after the 186,000 miles. I have been putting up with the problem since about December 2014. The "open door with key in ignition" alarm is barely audible and seems to come from the left, front (drivers side--dash level) speaker. I can still hear the radio through the one speaker that is working, but is definitely annoying with rear passengers in ext. cab trying to hear something from the one tiny dash level speaker that works. The problem has moved around over time---certain speakers worked, while others did not, and they eventually quit working until I have what I described above. Cherolet makes a great 4x4 truck but obviously does not use quality parts in their stereo systems. I am not impressed! While very annoying and disappointing, I would like to get it fixed, but can't see the reason to do so since no dealership can tell me "Why" this has occurred in the first place. I have always owned a Chevrolet product from Impalas to Monte Carlos and Chevelle and have family members who also buy nothing but Chevys, however it may be a time for change. Our family has eight trucks and five/eight are experiencing the same problem. They bought after market sterios but I am not impressed with cutting out the molded speakers in the doors (asthetics) or wear headphones in a $37,000 vehicle. I just want it fixed correctly.
Old December 30th, 2014, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Silverado Stereo Issues

The only speaker working in my truck is the front driver's side. All of the others come and go. And they seem to be gone for good now! Is it the stereo, wiring harness, or speakers that seem to be the problem?
Old February 11th, 2016, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 chevy Silverado

My speakers in my 07 chevy Silverado aren't working only my tweeters work but every once in a while some of my speakers will start working
Old February 12th, 2016, 7:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ausshir24
My speakers in my 07 chevy Silverado aren't working only my tweeters work but every once in a while some of my speakers will start working
Hi Ausshir24,

Have you made your servicing dealership aware of your speaker concern? We’d be glad to contact them on your behalf to set up an appointment for diagnosis. If interested, please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 18th, 2016, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy door speakers

Originally Posted by ktrot25
Add my truck to the list. 08 Silverado extended cab. Noticed my front door speakers aren't working yesterday....
I had the same problem and got a new stereo and speakers. The same thing happened. It turned out that the speaker terminals were arching out on the door frame. We cut a notch in the speaker cut out and problem solved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 silverado radio & speaker problem