Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2008 Silverado front end noise

Old July 10th, 2019, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado front end noise

Hello all,

Just recently purchased an 08 Silverado with the 5.3, 93K miles. Noticing some front end noise, it's a low hum/howl/grind, not sure how to exactly describe it. It's a constant, rotational noise, it never changes when I turn or brake and doesn't matter what speed I'm at. The truck rides really smooth and straight at slow or high speeds, I can feel a real small vibration in the foot pedal though. I'm wanting to take a look at it myself and hopefully won't need to bring it in somewhere, hoping to get some advice on what might be the issue. Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:54 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by DDS35 View Post
Hello all,

Just recently purchased an 08 Silverado with the 5.3, 93K miles. Noticing some front end noise, it's a low hum/howl/grind, not sure how to exactly describe it. It's a constant, rotational noise, it never changes when I turn or brake and doesn't matter what speed I'm at. The truck rides really smooth and straight at slow or high speeds, I can feel a real small vibration in the foot pedal though. I'm wanting to take a look at it myself and hopefully won't need to bring it in somewhere, hoping to get some advice on what might be the issue. Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin
Likely bearings, but MIGHT be brakes, but I doubt that.
Old July 11th, 2019, 1:02 AM
CF Active Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you hear it from the engine bay while parked or only while driving?
Old July 11th, 2019, 5:40 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the responses, I did Jack the truck up and check the front tires for play like you would see from bad bearings sometimes but they were tight. And it doesn't make the noise when stopped, only when moving.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old July 11th, 2019, 3:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Possibly a bearing or race surface has become pitted. That'll cause the sound you are hearing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: