Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2013, 7:53 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
have your read this post > https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...-repair-36889/
Old August 7th, 2013, 7:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did read the link. Seems to pertain mostly to the dead DIC and gear selector problem. I have the exact same problem as the previous people. Complete failure, all gauges and lights freeze. If I stop and shut the truck off, wait a few minutes, restart and everything comes back to life. Happened 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Any suggestions?
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Bristol64,

I am sorry you are having this concern. If you plan to have the GM dealership look into this concern, I would like to assist. Please private message me your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 7th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Bristol64
I did read the link. Seems to pertain mostly to the dead DIC and gear selector problem. I have the exact same problem as the previous people. Complete failure, all gauges and lights freeze. If I stop and shut the truck off, wait a few minutes, restart and everything comes back to life. Happened 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Any suggestions?
Your having and intermittent connection AND/OR something is over heating...
Have you pulled the IP out and reseated all of the connectors, fully unplug and plug back don't just push and wiggle..
use a clean cloth and some alcohol to clean the contacts if they look tarnished..
While you have the IP out check the wire harnesses for chafing and cuts.
Have you added any aftermarket items that could be causing the power loss, poor wire crimps or splices...
Old August 7th, 2013, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have not pulled the IC out. I just purchased the vehicle from a GM dealer last month and it is still under a short time warranty. I have not installed anything. When it fails next, I will take video of it and then call the dealer I guess. Is it more than likely the IC itself, or could it be the ignition switch failing?
Old November 30th, 2015, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

This happens to my 2008 Silverado.. It's weird. When it's warm or hot it works fine but when it's colder it stays off, only the backlight is on.
Old January 30th, 2016, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

i took mine to a local shop and they rebuilt it in 2 hours, 6 months later shift indicator dosent work then reversr and drive dosent work till i take the selector up and down the pattern plus doors dont lock when in park and back up lights out problem solved park netural safety switch on transmission
Old February 10th, 2016, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Same problem here (2008 Silverado). Only happens when it's real cold.
Old February 13th, 2016, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by topsail
Same problem here (2008 Silverado). Only happens when it's real cold.
Same problem on my 04 Silverado only fails when cold. I wonder if it could be a bad ground somewhere? I didn't find any bad solder pins on the cluster.
Old February 16th, 2016, 8:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gotplacestogo
Same problem on my 04 Silverado only fails when cold. I wonder if it could be a bad ground somewhere? I didn't find any bad solder pins on the cluster.
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the forum and work on auto and truck electronic repairs. Though there are a few of you having 2008 SIlverado cluster issues and it isn't something we can diagnose without learning more about the clusters and checking them out, we want to help out.

It can save you a lot of money over taking it to a dealer and we have a super fast turn around time and excellent warranty on repairs. You can upgrade shipping to expedite cluster return as well. Here is a link to our gauge cluster, speedometer diagnosis repair service:

Gauge Cluster Speedometer Diagnosis Service

If for some reason, a cluster is not repairable, we do also help locate a replacement as well.

Let us know if any of you have any questions at all or PM us for pricing questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Instrument Cluster