Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue

Old December 23rd, 2011, 5:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its the factory stereo they suck, My dads 00 suburban did the same thing and I couldnt stand it, he didnt care for years but Im a drive by stereo type and I couldnt stand the minus speakers sound even to move it 100ft so I bought him a replacement and it worked great till he rolled the truck 11 times and walked away without a scratch. He just bought an Identical replacement with the same problem. Lets face it if if you like music youll replace the factory stereo anyway on any vehicle so its not something to be mad about just upgrade or buy another POS factory on EBAY but I promise all of your problems are in the little CRAPbox in the dash
Old December 24th, 2011, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would you resolve the other components that go through the speakers like the door chime, On Star, Seat Belt warning etc...?

Originally Posted by BIGGG11CHEVY
Its the factory stereo they suck, My dads 00 suburban did the same thing and I couldnt stand it, he didnt care for years but Im a drive by stereo type and I couldnt stand the minus speakers sound even to move it 100ft so I bought him a replacement and it worked great till he rolled the truck 11 times and walked away without a scratch. He just bought an Identical replacement with the same problem. Lets face it if if you like music youll replace the factory stereo anyway on any vehicle so its not something to be mad about just upgrade or buy another POS factory on EBAY but I promise all of your problems are in the little CRAPbox in the dash
Old December 25th, 2011, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bill64
I have the same radio problem on 06. I don't know if it's the radio or speakers. I'm going to try new speakers,got my fingers crossed that's all it is.
Just an update. I finally put 4 new speakers in my truck and it all works great! maybe i just got lucky,don't know, but that's all it was on mine..
Old February 13th, 2012, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 08 LS with the same problem. The front door speakers work MOST of the time during the summer but in the winter, they never work. I have been thinking about getting new speakers or new stereo unit. I'd rather just get one or the other if I have to. If I take it to the Dealership, will they know whats wrong? In other words, is this a common problem?
Old February 13th, 2012, 9:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> BigFletch,

It may just be a wiring or connection issue. That is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 16th, 2012, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue's with my 07 silverado. First to deal with the cruise control I used this website and found out that on the brake pedal arm there is a switch with a harness called stop lamp switch I believe. To test it before I replaced I read to try and pull up on your brake pedal and set the cruise if it works then the switch is bad. I found a new one on ebay for 12.99 coming in today I'll let you know if it solves it. As for the speakers I'm going to replace 2 and see if that works before I replace all 4
Old February 16th, 2012, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

I part I replaced to fix my cruise control is called stop lamp switch brake light on ebay for 12.99 and after standing on my head to replace it I have fixed the problem for my truck hopefully this helps
Old February 18th, 2012, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Tried to find a video on you tube showing how to uninstall the factory radio and surroundings with no success. Do you know if there is any...?
Old February 19th, 2012, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That whole piece of plastic surrounding the unit will pop out. Just get it started with a screwdriver. Radio is just held in by a couple of screws
The following users liked this post:
Warren C Foster (January 7th, 2020)
Old February 19th, 2012, 6:02 PM
CF Junior Member

I have 30,000 miles on a 2008 Silverado LS. It is out of factory warranty. I had to take door cover apart to change door lock actuator. This truck is built very cheap. Too much plastic. When I got door cover off I notice speaker on that side is busted. Chevrolet probably put the cheapest speakers that they could. Looks like gm cars and trucks quality has went down hill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue