Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2012, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to add my 08 3500hd to the list of no sound in the front speakers.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

heres a question for u guys having speaker problems. since mine started ive noticed at times my doors filling up w water after or during hard rains. im leaning toward this playing a factor in my speaker problem. Like stated before mine works alot more in the summer when its dry and never works in the winter when its wet outside. ive actually had to pull the strip under my door and let it drain before it was slushing around so bad. Any of u others noticed ur doors taking on water!!!!! ill have to say this is my first chevy ive bought in a long time and it will be my last. Between the doors leaking speakers going out and having to replace my door handles 6 times so far bc they pull rigt off the door im about fed up with it!!!!!
Old April 29th, 2012, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Vtprarie my left rear door takes on water from time to time but I had the issue before that
Old April 30th, 2012, 1:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> woogie1667,

This may be caused by a short. Do they work intermittently?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

yes they did. i replaced all 4 with polk audio marine dxi650 speakers and sounds good.

thanks
Old June 2nd, 2012, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio/Speakers Issue

I keep seeing the Customer Service folks telling people to take the issue to the dealership. They are charging way too much money to diagnose a quality issue. This needs to be a recall issue. I have a 2008 Silverado that has the exact same problem as everyone else is having. I also have a 2008 Impala that my agency has issued me for a patrol car that is having the same issue. This is definitely a Chevrolet quality issue and it is frustrating to see Chevrolet is not willing to step up and fix it.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Speaker Problems

I have an 08 Silverado crew cab long bed Duramax diesel that has had a problem with the front speakers. After pulling the front door panels off to check for loose connections and finding them all secure, I decided to replace all four door speakers with some Pioneer after market units and replacing the speakers cured the problem. The rear speakers always worked but the front ones would only work once in a while. Thanks to all for the help.

Ed
Old June 6th, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

2008 chevy Z71, 50,800 miles, speakers on the driver side come on and off at random, junk.
Plus I have this sound that is driving me crazy. sounds like a cricket in my truck, happens when I speed above 30 mph, and when the temps are 60 degrees and above.
I am very dissapointed with the chevy truck I have, I am thinking next time going to another brand.
Can not afford to take to dealer for them to charge and tell me what is wrong.

I feel if there is this big of problem, chevy should recall them!
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same here. Tired of water and speaker issues.

Originally Posted by vtprairie03
heres a question for u guys having speaker problems. since mine started ive noticed at times my doors filling up w water after or during hard rains. im leaning toward this playing a factor in my speaker problem. Like stated before mine works alot more in the summer when its dry and never works in the winter when its wet outside. ive actually had to pull the strip under my door and let it drain before it was slushing around so bad. Any of u others noticed ur doors taking on water!!!!! ill have to say this is my first chevy ive bought in a long time and it will be my last. Between the doors leaking speakers going out and having to replace my door handles 6 times so far bc they pull rigt off the door im about fed up with it!!!!!
Same with my 07 Silverado. My LR door has filled with water three times over the years... each time after a hard rain... had to remove the rubber strip on the bottom to drain. After reading all the "Quotes" i'm going on the crutchfield site today and ordering 4 speakers. Cheers!
Old July 20th, 2012, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default speakers not working

We are having the same issue. Thought it might be a wiring issue but all the wires were fine. Went to look at maybe the radio was bad. Took out the radio and it was very hot to the touch. The radio place told me i needed to replace my radio. I have but now I can't find the factory amp to make all of the speakers work. Any help with the location of the factory amp?

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue