Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2010 Silverado - Electrical/Computer problem

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2017, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Silverado - Electrical/Computer problem

Yesterday when I started my truck, the Check Engine light came on, and the DIC gave the "Service Stabilitrak" warning. As I drove down the road, the instrument panel (speed & tach) were bouncing around erratically, and the transmission wouldn't shift out of 1st gear. I turned off then back on and the errors remained. I read the ODB errors and had all of the following: U0100, P069E, P0700, U0073, U0101, U0102, U0109. I reset the codes and the truck started and operated normally. I had a meeting to get to so I continued down the road hoping the issue was over.

After my meeting, I started my truck again, and it was in worse shape. This time, the instrument cluster needles all stayed at the "dead" position, I got two new warnings (Service AWD, and Service Traction Control), and the ODB reader gave a "No Link" code when I tried to read the codes (which also meant I couldn't reset the codes). I had to unplug the battery to get them to reset. It again operated properly to get me home.

I researched all the codes from above and basically it seems that 5 different computers from under the hood are not talking to each other. I'm afraid I'm getting into a pricey "Easter Egg Hunt" to find which computer to replace. Can anybody help me with where to start?
Old December 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more post with some added detail. This is quite a slow issue, as it works fine for 4-5 days, then has one "hiccup".

I had the error again after 4 days, and wrote down the codes this time - here's what they were:
P069E Fuel Pump Control Module error
P0700 Transmission Control System malfunction
U0073 Control Module Communications OFF
U0100 Engine / Powertrain Control Module (ECM/PCM) comms lost
U0101 Transmission Control Module comms lost
U0102 Transfer Case Control Module comms lost
U0109 Fuel Pump Control Module comms lost

The most recent one (yesterday morning) only gave 2 errors (P069E and U0073).

Looking for any ideas anybody has. Thanks!