Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2011 Silverado blinkers not clicking

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2024, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2011 Silverado blinkers not clicking

My turn lights work, both left and right but the clicker is not working. I suspect it may be the turn switch relay but I'm unable to find it on my 2011 Chevy Silverado. All videos show the relay on driver side behind lower panel next to fuse box. I removed the panel and the relay is not where the videos indicate. I don't see any removable relays anywhere behind the lower panel. I was wondering if someone here could help me?

Thanks.

Last edited by jackOlsen; May 24th, 2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 12:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The issue could be with the turn signal switch on the steering column. If it's worn out or has internal problems, it might stop the clicking sound but still let the lights work. Also, since the BCM handles a lot of functions, including the turn signal sound, it could be the problem. If the BCM isn't sending the audio signal to the speakers, the turn signals might light up without the clicking sound.
Old May 24th, 2024, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Pierregirard
The issue could be with the turn signal switch on the steering column. If it's worn out or has internal problems, it might stop the clicking sound but still let the lights work. Also, since the BCM handles a lot of functions, including the turn signal sound, it could be the problem. If the BCM isn't sending the audio signal to the speakers, the turn signals might light up without the clicking sound.
Ok. Thanks for replying. I've since learned my truck, 2011 Silverado WT, doesn't have a turn switch relay. I noticed when I have the blinker on I can hear a clicking sound in the fuse panel under the hood but can't localize it to any relay in the panel. I'll research further to determine if there is a way to determine if it's the BCM or turn signal switch.
Old May 24th, 2024, 1:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 651 Likes on 591 Posts

Did you replace your stereo or is it factory? Does it work?
Old May 24th, 2024, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Did you replace your stereo or is it factory? Does it work?
I did not replace stereo; it's factory and it's working. Have no option to reset stereo. Problem began a few weeks ago and only changed oil and transmission fluid in past few weeks. Have checked all bulbs and also checked voltage on battery 12.45v. I recall it clicking one time several days ago but hasn't since.

Last edited by jackOlsen; May 24th, 2024 at 3:09 PM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 3:21 PM
Super Moderator

turn signals circuits are now solid-state, which are silent. No flasher modules. That's why the clicking sound is created artificially through the stereo and front door speakers. That's also why you couldn't find a relay ... it's not a user serviceable part. (and they rarely fail).

Do the signal indicators on your instrument panel still flash?
Old May 24th, 2024, 3:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

turn signals circuits are now solid-state, which are silent. No flasher modules. That's why the clicking sound is created artificially through the stereo and front door speakers. That's also why you couldn't find a relay ... it's not a user serviceable part. (and they rarely fail).

I found this out through experience with my 2006 Silverado WT. When I bought it, I noticed that it produced no turn signal sounds, no fasten seatbelt chimes, nothing. At first, I blamed it on the guy driving the truck before me having cut the wire to the seatbelt sensor - but it was lighting up on the dash to fasten the seatbelt. The front door speakers were blown, and when I replaced them with a new set from Crutchfield, all of a sudden I had blinker sounds, seatbelt warning chimes, and other things that had been missing. I had no clue until then all that was routed through the stereo (even when off). The rear pillar speakers worked the entire time, but apparently the chimes and such only route to the front door speakers on the GMT800 series at least.
Old May 24th, 2024, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Yes the signal indicators on panel still flash. I also noticed I have no sound through my door speakers but assumed I didn't have speakers on the doors. Never noticed before. Rear speakers are working. Is it possible I have door speakers and they're suddenly not working or perhaps I turned them off some how?

Last edited by jackOlsen; May 24th, 2024 at 3:56 PM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 4:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jackOlsen
I also noticed I have no sound through my door speaker
that's why I asked if your stereo is working. All cars have front door speakers. Yours are either blown, or the wires in the door harness where it bends back and forth are broken.

There may also be a setting in your DIC to control the chime volume. Check your owner's manual.
Old May 24th, 2024, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

that's why I asked if your stereo is working. All cars have front door speakers. Yours are either blown, or the wires in the door harness where it bends back and forth are broken.

There may also be a setting in your DIC to control the chime volume. Check your owner's manual.
Thanks. I'll check these tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2011 Silverado blinkers not clicking