Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Adding RPO functions to a base 2013 LT

Search this Thread

Old Today, 2:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding RPO functions to a base 2013 LT

My base (LT) model 2013 3500HD is missing some useful RPO options. GM kindly wired all these trucks for all the options. Often, all you have to do is add some switches and perhaps a small additional piece of wiring harness.
So far, I have added the Driver Information Center by just adding the switch. The fascia piece in which that switch resides already had the switch mounting bracked in place.
I also added hands free radio controls to the steering wheel. That required purchasing the switch and the proper little steering wheel wiring harness. It also required cutting the steering wheel backside cover like was done by the factory on the cruise control side.
I also added the overhead garage door opener. This was accomplished by buying the whole overhead console unit on ebay ($75). It just plugged right into the existing harness. It also contained the handsfree system mic.

All of these were plug-and-play. No dealer programming required.

I want to add Bluetooth hands-free function but cannot find clear information about the required parts. I do know that dealer firmware programming to my VIN would be required. I don't have SeriusXM or OnStar installed so the aftermarket Bluetooth units won't work.

I also want to add the Compass and Outside Air Temperature functions to the Driver Info Center, but I cannot find any information about activating them, or about possible necessary parts.

Can anyone help with either of these RPO function acquisitions?

Last edited by BrianGee; Today at 2:14 AM.
Old Today, 5:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 272 Likes on 235 Posts

I’m not sure how far back they go for model years, but you might be able to find some info/part#’s here -

https://www.gmupfitter.com
Old Today, 11:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I experienced that with my 2006 Silverado WT. It came without cruise control, but all the electronics were there - just had to replace the blinker control sticking out of the steering column with the one that had the cruise control switches on it.