Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

chevy silverado 1500 WT Traction control problem

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chevy silverado 1500 WT Traction control problem

the msg Traction Control Service and Stabilitrak Service pop up every time, What ca I do? Thank you everyone
Old October 5th, 2018, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy 1500 WT Traction Control Problem Help Reply

Best action to take to clear your traction control code is as follows.
1. Turn on your emergency flashers on and move off the road to a safe area.
2. Turn off the truck engine.
3. Open the engine hood.
4. Get a 10 mm wrench boxed, open, or ratchet
5. Disconnect the negative cable to the battery.
6. Count to ten.
7. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
8. Close the engine hood..
9. Return to the cab of the truck.
10. Restart the engine, continue to your destination.
11. Contact a local Authorized GM Dealership Service Department. Do not, repeat do not contact Freeland Chevrolet Dealership Service Department at 5333 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Nashville, Tennessee, 37013 (615)-731-3020. Sean Grimes Service Department Manager and Service Writer and Team will take advantage of you and rip you off given a chance. Mark-ups billed for unnecessary items and services is their speciality and will not perform warranty service to protect their department budget so the service crews can benefit from limited inventory expenditures and obtain huge wage increases. If no warranty service plan involved, then a warning from the wise, guard your wallet extremely close and go elsewhere before your vehicle is totally disabled.
12. If this event occurs again, refer to steps 1 to 11 and you should be fine. Hope this helps in anyway,
your welcome.
Old October 25th, 2018, 6:47 PM
gdc
CF Beginner

First I want to say hello to all of my fellow Chevy owners from buck township pa.

now I have a question, thank you for the tip on removing the battery cable.
My problem is a little different. Mine is a 2011 Silverado 1500 ls with 196,000 miles. And I’ve changed both hubs already.
would anyone know what would cause my stabilitract and my ABS lights to come on at the same time.
Column shifter would not go from park to drive also

could it be as simple as needing brake pads ??

thanks

Last edited by gdc; October 25th, 2018 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Add info
Old October 25th, 2018, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Simple as replace brake pads?

Yes, if you want to. Since I don't know what you drive or year and make or model and mileage driven or the extent of your driving habits or your routine maintenance schedule, you also need to check your rotors.
​​​​It's likely that the rotors are warped and needed grinded smooth or replaced. Plus while your vehicle is on the rack check your brake line hoses for cracks or leaks, if so you will need to replace those brake hoses. Check the front pinion seals, CV boots and lube as needed then add fluid or change the fluid to the rear differential and check your rear pinion seals for leaks if leaks are present then change the pinion seals. If your a D.I.Y. ( Do It Yourself) it will be simple. If not, get ready to drop some serious coin for this repair. If not then your Stablitraction function will remain off and your ABS Light will stay on. Good Luck and Happy Motoring.
Disclaimer: I am not a certified mechanic nor claim to be, I can only suggest options that can be taken and not responsible for any outcomes of those options. Today's vehicles are loaded with sensors that communicate with the power-train control module PCM. This is an forum only. Consult a reputable authorized mechanic ( if you can find one) that you can trust for the repairs. Good luck and Happy Motoring.
Old October 26th, 2018, 3:19 AM
gdc
CF Beginner

Default As simple as new brake pads

Originally Posted by GMlemoncake
Yes, if you want to. Since I don't know what you drive or year and make or model and mileage driven or the extent of your driving habits or your routine maintenance schedule, you also need to check your rotors.
​​​​It's likely that the rotors are warped and needed grinded smooth or replaced. Plus while your vehicle is on the rack check your brake line hoses for cracks or leaks, if so you will need to replace those brake hoses. Check the front pinion seals, CV boots and lube as needed then add fluid or change the fluid to the rear differential and check your rear pinion seals for leaks if leaks are present then change the pinion seals. If your a D.I.Y. ( Do It Yourself) it will be simple. If not, get ready to drop some serious coin for this repair. If not then your Stablitraction function will remain off and your ABS Light will stay on. Good Luck and Happy Motoring.
Disclaimer: I am not a certified mechanic nor claim to be, I can only suggest options that can be taken and not responsible for any outcomes of those options. Today's vehicles are loaded with sensors that communicate with the power-train control module PCM. This is an forum only. Consult a reputable authorized mechanic ( if you can find one) that you can trust for the repairs. Good luck and Happy Motoring.
thank you for your response, in my question I did give vehicle info.
Before I do drop some serious coin I am wondering if anyone has had this problem.
I do need pads and rotors, which will be done this weekend, by me.
So im wondering coincidence or not.

thanks

gene

gene
Old October 26th, 2018, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Reply

My error and thank you for your time. With just under 200,000 miles and your ability I can see very well that you will accomplish the task before you regarding the rotors and brakes. Don't forget the pinion seals and CV joint and boots that I have previously mentioned. If all goes well and the repairs doesn't separate your arms and legs, here's a suggestion. If your not that emotionally attached to this truck. Find a good mark to dump this money pit on and get a used or new Toyota Tundra truck. Most Toyota dealerships are running an year end sale campaign at this time and you may luck out. You can't damage these trucks, unless you drive it into a rock quarry or similar facsimile thereof.