Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2018, 2:59 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant leak

I have an 07 Silverado classic crew cab, It sprung a leak in the hose that goes to the coolant surge tank and the engine block. there is no petcock to drain the radiator. from what I have read you have to remove the lower drain hose to drain the radiator.is that the hose that is located on the bottom right (passenger) side of the radiator? I have to replace the hoses(which I Have).

Last edited by lonewolf55w; November 30th, 2018 at 3:10 PM. Reason: add
Old November 30th, 2018, 5:08 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by lonewolf55w
I have an 07 Silverado classic crew cab, It sprung a leak in the hose that goes to the coolant surge tank and the engine block. there is no petcock to drain the radiator. from what I have read you have to remove the lower drain hose to drain the radiator.is that the hose that is located on the bottom right (passenger) side of the radiator? I have to replace the hoses(which I Have).
Yes the lower hose is were the coolant from the radiator enters the engine to the water pump. The Top large hose is where the hot coolant enters the radiator.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 30th, 2018 at 5:17 PM.