Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Crash sensor locations?

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2018, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash sensor locations?

Hi there folks. I’ve got an ‘08 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 xtra cab pickup. I recently picked my truck up from the body shop. This was the 3rd time going back because I was unsatisfied with the condition when they said they were done. Originally I had gotten rear ended pretty hard on the highway by a flat bed tow truck with a pickup truck on the back. They told me when I picked it up the first time that they replaced the crash sensors. This last time I picked it up the airbag light was on and the message “Check airbag system”. I had an open recall for the passenger airbag to be replaced so I figured they could read the code and tell me what it is. I figured they unplugged a sensor and simply forgot to plug it back in. Well, the stealership wanted &140. to diagnose the problem! Everywhere I’ve read, tells me I have 2 crash sensors mounted onto the bottom of the radiator crossmember. I looke and I have only 1. My question is this.......where are the others? I checked to make sure the passenger detection sensor was plugged in. That’s all I’ve done. Please help!!!!