Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

I Just Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2023, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Just Need Help!!

Hey everyone, Just a little back story I inherited my dad's 07 Chevy Silverado. It's currently not in working condition. I would love to keep it if I could get it running. before he passed he taught me a lot about trucks but I feel like this issue is too advanced for me. so any help will be appreciated. This is the last text he sent me about the problem. Had the battery disconnected for about a week because the airbag light came on. Found out that had a pinhole leak on the power steering cooler that dripped onto the airbag sensor in the bumper so wanted to clean it while waiting for a new cooler. After the new part was put in I connected the battery and started it to check for leaks. Jumped in and started to reverse and noticed all gauges were not working. So pulled back into the garage and turned the truck off. Turned the key on and all gauges worked. Started to reverse again and all gauges stopped working again. Turned it off again then turned it on all gauges worked started it up sat there for a few seconds then all gauges went off while the engine is still running. Turned the key off again and turned it back on then nothing came on and no start. Replaced battery cables, cleaned all grounds, got a new battery, checked all fuses, and checked the starter to see if it works. I’m thinking it’s the ignition switch.
Thank You In Advance!!

Old January 16th, 2023, 3:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Kawehi
Hey everyone, Just a little back story I inherited my dad's 07 Chevy Silverado. It's currently not in working condition. I would love to keep it if I could get it running. before he passed he taught me a lot about trucks but I feel like this issue is too advanced for me. so any help will be appreciated. This is the last text he sent me about the problem. Had the battery disconnected for about a week because the airbag light came on. Found out that had a pinhole leak on the power steering cooler that dripped onto the airbag sensor in the bumper so wanted to clean it while waiting for a new cooler. After the new part was put in I connected the battery and started it to check for leaks. Jumped in and started to reverse and noticed all gauges were not working. So pulled back into the garage and turned the truck off. Turned the key on and all gauges worked. Started to reverse again and all gauges stopped working again. Turned it off again then turned it on all gauges worked started it up sat there for a few seconds then all gauges went off while the engine is still running. Turned the key off again and turned it back on then nothing came on and no start. Replaced battery cables, cleaned all grounds, got a new battery, checked all fuses, and checked the starter to see if it works. I’m thinking it’s the ignition switch.
Thank You In Advance!!
Only in reverse, and do the lights come on in reverse?
Old January 16th, 2023, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

currently, the truck doesn't turn on at all anymore. Now it's like there is a dead battery but I changed it but still nothing.
Old January 17th, 2023, 3:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

currently, the truck doesn't turn on at all anymore. Now it's like there is a dead battery but I changed it but still nothing.
You need to figure what's causing that battery to discharge.
Old January 18th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you checked the Maxi-fuse on the firewall for continuity ?
Is it a “Silverado” or Silverado CLASSIC” ?
Their are major differences between the two . And Both body styles were produced on ‘07.
I have had similar issues with my ‘07 Silverado .
Most of these were caused by corroded fuses in the under hood fuse block . The fuses and relays under the hood plug into a covered circuit board that in turn connects to the wiring harness connectors that are all nested toward the rear of the fuse block . My fuses were corroded at their base and appeared good visually I had to do a continuity test on each fuse and relay before the issues went away . Also the front impact sensors are prone to corrosion and failure by virtue of their locations . All totaled I had 6 bad fuses and corroded stabs and sockets on 3 relays .
Before you condemn your battery an investigation of this fuse block would be highly recommended .