Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

speaker help

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2018, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker help

I don't know who else to ask. I'd like to buy some speakers for a gift for my husband's 2007 silverado crew cab classic body. It just has stock everything and the speakers in it are awful. But I don't know what would sound good in there. He does like bass, but isn't going to be playing anything super loud. I was looking at the Kicker 43DSC6504 speakers on crutchfield. And a guy from crutchfield recommended the Kenwood KFC-1666S speakers, but the reviews aren't as good on them as the kickers, especially when it comes to bass. Which he said "When it comes to bass not a lot of speakers are going to have a lot of bass when using factory or an aftermarket radio for power just because it isn't what they are designed for. Kicker and Kenwood are actually two speakers brands that have a bit more bass presence than others but the Kenwoods are actually going to be a more full sound because of the limited power." Which makes sense. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to get him something to cheap that he won't like. I'd like something that sounds decent, especially when it comes to bass. I wouldn't be concerned but he's picky with sound. I think he's planning on changing the radio eventually, but I don't know when. Have any of you changed just the speakers and had decent sound with decent bass?