Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Transmission Fluid Pump

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2021, 2:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Transmission Fluid Pump

I have a 2007 Silverado Classic and last year had to replace the tranny with a Jasper re-manufactured unit.

The installer put in the wrong ATF fluid (verified by another independent shop) and I need to replace it. I would like to do it myself using the suction method through the dipstick.

Can you recommend a good tool for this?

Thanks,
RickR90s
Old May 17th, 2021, 9:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

not the best way to do this as you will only get half the fl uid...you should find a shop with an exchange mac hine....not a flush machine...there is a difference....and have it billed to the shop who put in the wrong fluid.
if you must s uck it out...mityvac has a compressor run fluid extractor and hand pump fluid extractor
Old May 18th, 2021, 8:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Transmission Fluid

Originally Posted by tech2
not the best way to do this as you will only get half the fl uid...you should find a shop with an exchange mac hine....not a flush machine...there is a difference....and have it billed to the shop who put in the wrong fluid.
if you must s uck it out...mityvac has a compressor run fluid extractor and hand pump fluid extractor
Thanks for the information. I wasn't going to raise the issue, but Jasper refuses to pay for another shop to swap out the fluid. The shop that did the tranny exchange screwed up the driveshaft and we had to settle out of court, so definitely won't be going back there.

No big deal. I'll find a shop with the proper equipment.

Thanks again!