Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Turning on reverse lights with cargo light switch

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2019, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning on reverse lights with cargo light switch

I wired up my cargo light switch to turn on my reverse lights when turned all the way to the right. I have the 2015 style aftermarket mirrors which have the reverse lights built in. I did this so I'm able to see at night when I'm hooking up a trailer or something. The issue with this is that when the truck is started they wont turn on when it is out of park. What do I have to do to bypass this so my cargo lights and reverse lights turn on while it is out of park, I'll use them in drive mostly other than park.
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:52 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by FuturisticMC
I wired up my cargo light switch to turn on my reverse lights when turned all the way to the right. I have the 2015 style aftermarket mirrors which have the reverse lights built in. I did this so I'm able to see at night when I'm hooking up a trailer or something. The issue with this is that when the truck is started they wont turn on when it is out of park. What do I have to do to bypass this so my cargo lights and reverse lights turn on while it is out of park, I'll use them in drive mostly other than park.
Probably need to install a switch for both, instead of using the reverse lights as your "switch". Not hard to do. Useually a good place on the dash to put the switch.
Old February 27th, 2019, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

I'm using the cargo lights as my switch. From factory when the dial is turned all the way to the right the dome lights turn on and the cargo light which is on the third brake light. I made it to turn on my reverse lights also but i'm having the problem I already said.
Old February 27th, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

bump.