Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Want to add keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2019, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to add keyless entry

Hello all,

Newbie to the forum here.

I was just looking to tap into some of the expertise of those here in the forum.

I recently purchased a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic LS. I went through the glove box, found the sticker with the RPO codes, decoded them all and lo and behold, my truck was one of those that left the factory without keyless entry. I would like to add that feature to my truck, but I do not know what equipment I need to purchase to make that happen.

Does anyone have any input on that sort of thing? And....I know I'm really reaching here....about how much is it all going to set me back if I purchase the stuff from a dealer vs. a junk yard.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Tom
Old August 18th, 2019, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

I believe you need to go to a GM dealer to purchase the fob and have it programed.. $200? Junkyard won't work. Must be programed..
Old August 18th, 2019, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

I've already purchased two fobs from another website. Also, there are several YouTube videos on programming the fobs to work for whatever vehicle you have. Yes, I could go to a dealership, but that costs money, and I'd much rather keep it all in my pocket rather than put it in theirs. Now, there was another YouTube video that I saw where the guy was switching out the PDM's, but I'm not sure if that is the only thing that would need to be done to enable keyless entry....or if there is another piece of equipment stashed somewhere under some seat or behind a bit of plastic that would need to be updated as well.
Old October 28th, 2019, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Following ! I’m in the same boat