Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2016, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Condenser

I have been having issues with my 2014 Silverado. I went to Chevy first they wanted way to much money to diagonose it. So I went and had it checked out at Christina Brothers Auto. They finally found the problem by finding the Condensor was cracked. I feel chevy should have to pay
Old May 24th, 2016, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

check for a cracked condenser just found out that was my issue and they are refusing to help financially for it
Old May 24th, 2016, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

having same issue
Old May 25th, 2016, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue with my A/C

I've had the same problem with my 2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab. The A/C is just blowing hot air. The warranty has expired on my truck and they want $128 to just look at it. That doesn't do anything for fixing the problem. That's just to disgnose it. Can you tell me what they said was wrong and is is really expensive to fix?
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the condenser is leaking from a stone impact, your paying. If there are pattern failures of condenser cracking out of warranty period; save your repair receipt in case gm eventually sets up a special coverage policy. This would allow for re-imbursement.

Condenser replacement parts and labour plus refrigerant costs may be up to $1000

For the newbies...I do not work for gm (look at my avatar) so don't hate on me.

Last edited by tech2; May 25th, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old May 28th, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2015 3500 Silverado. Have had the truck for a year this April it has 40,000 miles on it. The AC has already quit working. I took it to the dealership and they said its out of warranty. Nothing we can do. I said ok can yall just look at it and tell me exactly what is wrong with it. For a fee they will. A 50,000 dollar truck just over a year old and the AC has already taken a dump. That is insane. This is my 3rd new Chevrolet, my wife also drive a 2015. I am amazed that they wouldn't even take a look at it for me.
Old May 28th, 2016, 6:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jwine
I am amazed that they wouldn't even take a look at it for me.
...the shop should pull a technician off a paying job to come out and diagnose your truck for free?
There is nothing he can do in a parking lot. Maybe he should put the car he has apart on his hoist back together, back it out and bring your car in, diagnose it for you and not get paid. Its justified because you bought 3 chevys and your wife has a 2015 chevy.

Last edited by tech2; May 28th, 2016 at 6:40 PM.
Old May 28th, 2016, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

I can take the truck to the auto parts store after leaving the dealership, and they at least try to read a code. They look at it for 10 minutes. They did SOMETHING when I haven't even come close to spend that amount of money with them. I wasn't asking them to drop everything and fix this for me now. Just do something. Then I couldn't be upset about telling me "sorry bout your luck!"
Old May 28th, 2016, 6:45 PM
Super Moderator

Most a/c faults do not set codes. All the broken condensers listed above will not set a dtc. even knowing a code...it still must be diagnosed. The code does not tell you what is wrong....just a starting point.

go to the parts store have them read the code, sell you a part and see how that works out
Old May 29th, 2016, 12:44 AM
CF Veteran

I've seen those parts store printouts...gives the code and 5 or 6 parts that MIGHT fix it. Sadly enough theres a lot of people that just go down the list until they get it or give in for a diagnostic fee. In most cases you're better off just getting it diagnosed.

I know the majority of the world doesn't do trade labor anymore so it seems like reading another language to you but lets put it this way...how many times has a doctor, plumber, electrician, roofer, electrician etc. Done something for nothing? I should be entitled to tons of free doctor visits from all the money I've gave them for stuff I shouldn't have needed to.

I guess my first thought was OK someone goes out to the parking light and looks under the hood then tells you theres nothing obvious it needs diagnosed. What did that change? Guess I was raised different, if something arises that I can't handle myself and I make a call or visit then I've already accepted I'm going to be charged and that the person doing the work is just making a living the same way I do. I know I'm weird though and live a very black and white life, no gray areas. If the warranty is expired then its expired. Does that suck sometimes? Definitely. Is life fair? No way.

I shouldn't even be up right now though so i'll shutup and go to bed

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?