Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2014, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

We bought our 2014 Chevy Z71 LTZ 4 Door 1/2 ton truck last June when they first came out. My wife was hell bent on getting one as soon she saw the new design. We flew from Mississippi to Houston, rented a car, and drove to Austin to pick it up. It's a good looking truck but now that we've had it just over a year, putting some miles on it (almost 34,000), and the warranty is about over with, the AC has gone out on us.

The AC is just blowing hot air. Had been working fine up until this afternoon. The controls all work, the vents change as they should, just no cool air.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We are going to take it to a dealer for repair but our experience with these dealers so far has not been a good one. I understand that cars break but it would be nice for the dealers to at least ACT like they want to help... No loaner car and a week wait to find the problem is a bit frustrating for someone who just spent $40,000 on their product.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or experience with the problem, I would love to hear from you. Thank You!
Old August 6th, 2014, 3:32 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Magnes,

We certainly understand how this must be frustrating and apologize if you've had a difficult time working with the dealership in the past. You're well within warranty, so it shouldn't be any problems with getting your air conditioning fixed. If you need any assistance while working with the dealership we're more than happy to reach out to them. Private message us your VIN, contact information and dealership name if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Originally Posted by Magnes
We bought our 2014 Chevy Z71 LTZ 4 Door 1/2 ton truck last June when they first came out. My wife was hell bent on getting one as soon she saw the new design. We flew from Mississippi to Houston, rented a car, and drove to Austin to pick it up. It's a good looking truck but now that we've had it just over a year, putting some miles on it (almost 34,000), and the warranty is about over with, the AC has gone out on us.

The AC is just blowing hot air. Had been working fine up until this afternoon. The controls all work, the vents change as they should, just no cool air.

We are going to take it to a dealer for repair but our experience with these dealers so far has not been a good one. I understand that cars break but it would be nice for the dealers to at least ACT like they want to help... No loaner car and a week wait to find the problem is a bit frustrating for someone who just spent $40,000 on their product.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or experience with the problem, I would love to hear from you. Thank You!
Old August 27th, 2014, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

same issue this morning a/c is blowing HOT air. what was the problem with yours ?
Old August 27th, 2014, 8:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Hi Jacobmo,

We are here if any extra help is needed with your concern. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name if you would like for us to look further into this for you. We will be glad to help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 31st, 2014, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Ac problems 2014 Silverado

Our AC just went out as well 8,396 miles wow ,do you guys know of a quick fix? It's a holiday weekend and Oklahoma is hot! our dash rattles and our seat flexes with strange noises as well dealer did not even attempt to fix the other two issues hope they provide better service with the AC...
Old August 31st, 2014, 1:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Brandonsw79
Our AC just went out as well 8,396 miles wow ,do you guys know of a quick fix? It's a holiday weekend and Oklahoma is hot! our dash rattles and our seat flexes with strange noises as well dealer did not even attempt to fix the other two issues hope they provide better service with the AC...
Hi Brandon,

Sorry you are also having problems with your A/C. I can understand what an inconvenience this must before you dealing with the Oklahoma heat! I see you are experiencing additional concerns with dash rattles and strange noises from your seat. I'm sorry if your dealership was unable to resolve these concerns for you. I'd be glad to reach out to your dealership on your behalf. If you'd like my assistance, please reach out to me via PM here on the site!

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 2nd, 2014, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Andraya I sent you a PM
Old September 27th, 2014, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Magnes

I bought a 2014 Silverado about 5 months ago. For the most part I have really enjoyed it. On Wednesday I noticed the air conditioning was not working. It was only blowing hot air. I immediately took it to the dealer in Murray Utah who diagnosed the problem as a faulty compressor. He said they could fix it under warranty but they didn't have the parts and would have to order them in from Denver. He told me to bring the vehicle back on Thursday. I came back on Thursday only to be told that they had missed the order deadline the day before so no parts. He told me to come back Friday. In the meantime it is 90 degrees outside and the black interior of the truck is scalding hot. I went back Friday (yesterday) to be told that the compressor had come in but a valve they need had not come in. He told me to come back Saturday (today). I am told that the parts are now all here and it will take 4 hours to fix. I told him that I was surprised to have a compressor go out on such a new vehicle and I asked him if he was seeing a lot of these compressor problems and he said it was the second this week. He said it was too early to tell if this is a trend.
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 chevy silverado crew cab AC problems

I just bought a new 2014 chevy silverado on September 30,2014 today the ac went out and it's October 7,2014. I only had the truck for 7 days. It only has 400 miles on it . The ac does not blow any air it dont even come on all it says is that the ac is off when you turn the blower control on. Also the truck has a tap in the engineering and it down shifts really hard when you slow down and it's seems like it's always changing gears. I went to the dealer and he told me it's my truck cause I signed the papers it's my problem to put it threw the service department. Is this a common problem with 2014 chevy silverados? I'm getting no help from the dealer and he acted like he was doing me a favor by giving me a loner truck even when it's in my warranty. I need some help with this anybody have any suggestions? To be honest with you I think they should take back the lemon they sold me and give me something that runs and cools off!
Old October 8th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Hi insprin9876,

I'm sorry to hear of your A/C concerns and I can truly understand how frustrating this situation must be. I understand that you spoke with your dealership to try to find a possible resolution. I'd like to also contact your dealership on your behalf and speak with them regarding your concern. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and involved dealership. I look forward to your message!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?