Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Old March 6th, 2015, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took in my 2014 Silverado two weeks ago since the A/C wasn't working. They said the condenser went out and replaced it. Guess what happened again? A/C doesn't work today. Chevy you made a crappy part and design on the A/C. I am so disappointed with the dealer, the experience and the A/C in this truck. Give me a break!
Old March 8th, 2015, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

My AC first went out at a little over 8,000 miles now it's at 19,000 and went out again. This will be the third time in 13 months I've had to take it to the shop twice for the AC. It's looking like this is an every 10,000 mile problem which won't make me very happy when the warranty expires. My wife is a toyota driver and can't stop saying I told you so about getting the Tundra. Next time I guess I'll listen.
Old March 9th, 2015, 2:25 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by koko22
I took in my 2014 Silverado two weeks ago since the A/C wasn't working. They said the condenser went out and replaced it. Guess what happened again? A/C doesn't work today. Chevy you made a crappy part and design on the A/C. I am so disappointed with the dealer, the experience and the A/C in this truck. Give me a break!
koko22,

My apologies that your A/C is not operating properly after a recent service visit for this same concern. I certainly realize the frustration that this would cause. Please feel free to contact us by private message so we can investigate this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 10th, 2015, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

The ac does not blow any air it dont even come on all it says is that the ac is off when you turn the blower control on. Fuses all checked good. Dealership was no help. And it's starting to get hot outside.

Any thoughts?
Old March 11th, 2015, 1:05 AM
CF Beginner

You know, I forgot that I had posted this topic. I do not frequent the site was just looking to see if there was a quick fix.

As it turned out, several days after the AC went out, the dealer did fix the AC. I forget what the issue was, but when the wife brought the truck home I saw something weird in the front passenger side wheel-well.... I opened the hood and IT WAS THE MECHANIC'S FLASHLIGHT that had fallen down and was resting about 2 inches from the exhaust manifold. Luckily it didn't melt or cause a fire.

Chevrolet not only has a problem with these trucks but they have serious issues with their service departments and THAT would be my biggest complaint.

We took this truck into several different service centers 16 times for issues in the first 41,000 miles. When our warranty ran out, we were concerned that the truck would end up costing us thousands a year to fix if it kept breaking. When we contacted Chevrolet, they said they had NO record of the truck with our VIN having had any issues at all. Not once did one of these "service centers" keep any record of the issue. It would appear that they do not record work done under warranty?

We had to have not only the AC repaired but also: recalls, driver's aids (which was repaired once but immediately broke again - we took it back in and the service center said they would repair but sent the truck back out with them still not working - when I said something about it, they said that it WAS working as intended but my seat no longer vibrated as it did when the truck was new), the drivers seat moved back and forth like it was loose or broken but they wouldn't repair it (said that it wasn't broken), the gas tank had to come out at one point for some repair (they didn't even tell us they were going to do that, I just happened to see the truck in pieces as I looked into the warehouse they had it while I was waiting for hours on my truck), the transmission would downshift and rev the engine up real high (almost to redline) and when we had that checked at 2 different dealers - they said that was normal, the transmission acted like it never knew what gear it wanted to be in... When I would hit the gas, the truck would wait right at 2 seconds to respond because that "fly by wire" accelerator set-up on these trucks is junk.

When the warranty ran out and we contacted Chevrolet about the issues and Chevrolet told us they had no record of us having ANY issue what-so-ever and therefore they couldn't help us with a buy-back in order for us to get another Chevy truck, so guess what.... WE TRADED THAT PIECE OF JUNK IN ON A DODGE.

The Dodge truck is 10 times the truck that the Chevy was.

Believe this... Never again will Chevy see one red cent of my money. I spent a lot of money on that "top of the line" 2014 Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 4 door with every possible option available at release and as far as I'm concerned, Chevy failed me.
Old March 11th, 2015, 6:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jwalsh7989
The ac does not blow any air it dont even come on all it says is that the ac is off when you turn the blower control on. Fuses all checked good. Dealership was no help. And it's starting to get hot outside.

Any thoughts?
Hello jwalsh798,

My apologies to read about your A/C not functioning properly. I understand your displeasure and regret that your dealer may not have been providing the assistance you were seeking. If you'd like to work with a second GM dealer, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to help facilitate the process for you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default junk

I bought a NEW 2014 chevy LTZ Z71 Pickup in Nov. 2013. I have had continual AC problems with it. 2 new compressors and 3 times for broken hose. Same hose same place about every 2 months. GM WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND BUY IT BACK. its still in warrenty and nothing but a headache. GM FINALLY TOLD ME THEY WILL GIVE ME A $2500 COUPON SO I CAN TRADE FOR ANOTHER GM PRODUCT. IMAGINE THAT, LIKE I WANT ANOTHER GM PRODUCT.
Old March 30th, 2015, 11:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davhor3581
I bought a NEW 2014 chevy LTZ Z71 Pickup in Nov. 2013. I have had continual AC problems with it. 2 new compressors and 3 times for broken hose. Same hose same place about every 2 months. GM WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND BUY IT BACK. its still in warrenty and nothing but a headache. GM FINALLY TOLD ME THEY WILL GIVE ME A $2500 COUPON SO I CAN TRADE FOR ANOTHER GM PRODUCT. IMAGINE THAT, LIKE I WANT ANOTHER GM PRODUCT.
Which broken hose and where? Post a picture.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Looks like this is a very common issue and gm needs to own up to this issue! I too had my a/c compressor replaced at 17k miles. Now at 42k miles less then a year on the new compressor "yes i drive allot", my a/c is out again! What is the deal here! I called up the dealer and they supposedly said im out of warranty but since its been less then a year on the new compressor they will have to check with managment this monday comming up. I hope i dont get the run around bs because im not in the mood.
Old May 3rd, 2015, 3:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by TexxsTank85
Looks like this is a very common issue and gm needs to own up to this issue! I too had my a/c compressor replaced at 17k miles. Now at 42k miles less then a year on the new compressor "yes i drive allot", my a/c is out again! What is the deal here! I called up the dealer and they supposedly said im out of warranty but since its been less then a year on the new compressor they will have to check with managment this monday comming up. I hope i dont get the run around bs because im not in the mood.
Hello TexxsTank85,

We would be more than happy to look into this further for you as well. Let us know in a private message if you need any additional assistance. We can certainly reach out to them on your behalf as well.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?