Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Looking for input on OnStar and My Chevy app ability to track me

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2016, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for input on OnStar and My Chevy app ability to track me

I got a 2016 Silverador 2500 HD last week. My last truck did not have apps, onstar, navi and I'm not the most technical guy. I have a 3 month trial of OnStar Guidance and my wife and I both downloaded the My Chevy iphone app, which also links to the Onstar RemoteLink app. We do not have the FamilyLink. I really don't need OnStar and will let the subscription run out. It looks like I get their Basic app for life, which is fine. Here's the deal. My wife can be overbearing and ride my *** (figuratively) for the dumbest things. I'm not a cheater. If I was, I wouldn't have told her about the app or I would have bought a vehicle that I could be sure could not be tracked, saved for some super effort with a hidden GPS tracker. I don't think she's that nutty. But once in a while I stop at a friends house she doesn't like or the neighborhood bar. I don't want her stalking me through a phone app. I just don't want to deal with it if I"m 5 minutes late picking up a kid because I'm stuck in traffic. She really needs a job so she can be busy. Anyway, I'd like to know how much tracking she can do with these apps and what I have to do to stop it. If I"m at work and I set the Parking Reminder before I leave, when she logs into the app, will she still think I'm at work? That would be perfect. Just looking for a little bit of space here.
Old October 8th, 2016, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure I would be wanting to stay with this person.
Old October 8th, 2016, 6:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

geez dude. grow a pair. Before you go the places she doesn't care for, call your wife and tell her where your going so she knows where you'll be. She may not like it but this instills trust. If she doesn't like it...too bad for her.

Disabling onstar or pulling fuses for it may cause its internal battery to discharge.