Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Problems with 2014 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2016, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with 2014 Silverado

I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado LT right when they came out because I loved everything about the truck. I have been having problems ever since I've got the truck. My brake pad broke about in half, which warrantyd only being 3 months in. I then had problems with my speakers sounding like there blown occasionally. They wouldn't do anything about it because they couldn't get it to trigger on point, I'm still experiencing it. My trailer brake keeps dinging that it needs to be serviced after about 1 year and they said either pay $400-$600 to get it fixed it just live with it because I don't haul. I still here it dinging that it needs to be serviced. Then my radiator broke and chevy wanted to charge me $1,000 to fix when every other company was only $400-$500 I was so aggravated with these guys already I took it elsewhere. I was told a rock did the damage. I was driving on the highway and my car came to a stop, they towed it in repaired it found out it was a line connecting to my tranny said it was covered and then came with the exuce that I had the radiator repaired myself is the reason it happened. I paid for it which of course is overpriced. Not to mention chevy couldn't even do a courtesy wash to clean all the oil off my tailgate. I was told my air condition was working as well, I was so aggravated and just didn't have the money because I've been sick to pay another $1,000 to get it done so I just sat it out all summer. My radiator broke again Chevy is saying a rock did it again this time I had them do it for the $1,000 which I really don't even have. My air condition, trailer brake and speakers are all still not working properly. It is so frustrating to put so much money into a vehicle and have so many problems with it. Im now at 75,000 miles but I've brought attention to these problems multiple times way earlier. Don't think I'll ever buy a GM vehicle again. I bought from SUNSET CHEVY in Sumner Wa

Last edited by Thomas Jordan Boulanger; September 3rd, 2016 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Add dealership
Old September 3rd, 2016, 1:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have a 2013 Silverado and have had absolutely no problems with it. Where are you driving to get rocks through your radiator?
Old September 3rd, 2016, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

I'm not driving anywhere out of the ordinary usually just hwy or city streets in Washington which has nice streets so I don't know. 😞😞
Old September 6th, 2018, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Tailgate pops open

Our 2014 GMC Sierra tailgate pops open when it shouldn't. Also sometimes it wont open and the handle stays partway open and you have to hit the handle to put it back flat. Also sometimes the tailgate wont open properly. To make sure it wont pop open when you are driving, we have to SLAM it really hard. This could be dangerous if you have stuff in which could fall out onto the road whilst driving. Anybody know how to fix it? I saw this video,
But its very blurry and hard to see, but it looks like our problem exactly. Any help or better video would be very nice for me.
Thank you, Jane
Old September 6th, 2018, 4:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Janefromcapecod
Our 2014 GMC Sierra tailgate pops open when it shouldn't. Also sometimes it wont open and the handle stays partway open and you have to hit the handle to put it back flat. Also sometimes the tailgate wont open properly. To make sure it wont pop open when you are driving, we have to SLAM it really hard. This could be dangerous if you have stuff in which could fall out onto the road whilst driving. Anybody know how to fix it? I saw this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDw3U7VzEA
But its very blurry and hard to see, but it looks like our problem exactly. Any help or better video would be very nice for me.
Thank you, Jane
If its still on warrenty let GM fix it. Might want to see if there is a service bulletin on this issue
Old September 6th, 2018, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Its 4 years old, and we bought it second hand. Its in perfect shape, but this tailgate thing seems to be big with Dodge trucks, more than GMC.
So I will see if I can get the link to look for service bulletins for this, as a guy in our town lost all his tools out of his truck onto the road, and by the time he got back to get them, they had been stolen and run over.
Dont want this to happen to us, as we would lose our boating stuff on the road and that would be bad.
Thank you!
Old September 7th, 2018, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for your help! Found the problem and the fix, and we will do it when we can.