Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

WT and LT ride quality

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2018, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WT and LT ride quality

I'm about to start shipping for a new 2500HD 6.0 gas truck, does the LT ride better than the WT version, truck prices are getting crazy and I've found a few WT with some extra options, but don't want to loose out on ride, this next truck will be expected to last for several years since it won't be my daily driver and will be in a garage when not being driven
Old August 3rd, 2018, 3:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbunch1630
I'm about to start shipping for a new 2500HD 6.0 gas truck, does the LT ride better than the WT version, truck prices are getting crazy and I've found a few WT with some extra options, but don't want to loose out on ride, this next truck will be expected to last for several years since it won't be my daily driver and will be in a garage when not being driven
WT probably does ride harder. You get what you pay for.

If I buy a pickup/jeep, whatever, all I care about is durability.

But then I used to race dirt-bikes, so what do I know or care?
Old August 4th, 2018, 6:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The suspension is exactly the same so the ride will be the same. The WT as the base model has a 7 inch Mylink screen instead of the 8 inch in the LT and the interior is going to be more basis and there are likely to be fewer options (which you can verify by doing a build your truck with each model selected and see what options are provided).
I am going to be selling my 2500HD Duramax and replacing it with a 1/2 ton gas powered pickup. I was towing a 13,000 boat trailer load but no longer and I was hauling 4,000 lb loads in the bed but this also is not going to be the case in the future. Want a smoother ride, get a 1500 class pickup. That is what I will be doing within thee next 6 months.
Old September 10th, 2018, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had both LT and WT. Ride is the same but the Z71 option added much better shocks and under load, it rides like a caddy. unloaded, its still pretty stiff.

The 04 Silverado I traded in last year was stiff from the first day we got it to the last time I drove it. Very stout suspension.

I am getting close to 60 now - I have a barn that eliminates the need to haul so much so often. Once this is paid off, I will be going back to a 1500.