Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2020 infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2023, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 infotainment system

I bought my Silverado new in July of 2020 and since then, randomly, when I am going down the road my infotainment system resets itself. I can tell it is happening because it goes quiet and the nav on the screen freezes. Following that, it goes to black screen and reboots itself within about 30 seconds. I have had it in twice for the same issue and the dealer says it's an update issue. Initially I was inclined to believe him and honestly the issue happens about once a day and it's not that big of a deal but i wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. It has worn on me and I am about to take it back in but it's a pain in the a** to drop it off and wait, get rides, whatever. The "updates" they claimed it needed didn't change the problem at all. Thoughts?
Old January 4th, 2024, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the exact same issue you've described here. Initially they told me it was an update problem and that didn't solve it. Next action was to replace the radio itself and that didn't work. I've went through multiple USB cables. It only happens to me when I have my phone connected and I've opened up CarPlay.

I see it's been a hot minute since you put this out. Any luck finding a solution?