Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2022 Silverado Ordering Question

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2022, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 Silverado Ordering Question

So I ordered my truck back in February and was notified that it was produced April 1st. I’ve reached out to Chevy and they show that the event code is still “3800 - Vehicle Produced”. After reaching out to my dealer, they said that mine and another customer’s Silverado are at the factory still waiting on parts.

I understand that there is a chip shortage, but I’m not sure I understand how Chevy can produce a vehicle that was ordered when parts are not available.

Does anyone know what kind of timeframe this kind of thing is? I sold my truck 2 weeks ago to take advantage of the offer I was given, but sharing 1 car with the wife is a struggle when it comes to traveling to and from work…
Old April 23rd, 2022, 5:10 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by masterbam95
So I ordered my truck back in February and was notified that it was produced April 1st. I’ve reached out to Chevy and they show that the event code is still “3800 - Vehicle Produced”. After reaching out to my dealer, they said that mine and another customer’s Silverado are at the factory still waiting on parts.

I understand that there is a chip shortage, but I’m not sure I understand how Chevy can produce a vehicle that was ordered when parts are not available.

Does anyone know what kind of timeframe this kind of thing is? I sold my truck 2 weeks ago to take advantage of the offer I was given, but sharing 1 car with the wife is a struggle when it comes to traveling to and from work…
Likely a shortage. But then lots of food isn't on the shelves on time either at the grocery stores. Not much we can do about it.

It's just a sign of the times, IMO.
Old April 24th, 2022, 1:50 PM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Welcome from Florida. The dealers near me have many new trucks on their lots. Can you pick one that that they have instead of the one you ordered?
Old April 24th, 2022, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

What kind of pricing is everyone getting on ordered vehicles? I am being told the 2022s will be available for order with super cruise by fleet customers at the end of the month.
Old October 13th, 2022, 3:10 AM
CF Beginner

I'm sorry, but I don't know all that much either. I'll let you know if I learn anything. Do you intend to create business strategies for a franchise? When my buddy suggested that I follow the advise in this news7h.com/how-do-i-create-a-franchise-business-plan/ piece, I was considering purchasing a franchise of a certain firm. On the advice of industry professionals, I also purchased the business franchise.

Last edited by MonaMcKenna; October 20th, 2022 at 5:00 AM.