Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2019 Silverado 1500 Trail Boss

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2022, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Silverado 1500 Trail Boss

I joined the board to comment on our 2019 Silverado Trail Boss 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 transmission. 33,000 miles. Noticed on the way home from Cleveland to Toledo area a couple weeks ago the transmission feel like it was slipping. 1st to 2nd or any other gears. Took it to the dealership for a $139.95 transmission diagnostics. Was told they found nothing. I asked if the tech drove it more than just around the building...told them we filled it up before we dropped it off and to take it for a 20-25 minute drive. They said they did that. They still did not find anything. We were told "the engines have changed since 2016 (our last Silverado) and that there is no hydraulic softeners n it so when the fluid builds up, there is no cushion when shifting so it "bangs" into gear." Um, what?
We were then told to "bring it out immediately when it does it again and we won't need an appointment." Okay - but I have to pay another $139.95 for a diagnostic! The tech said "at least it will be documented so if something is wrong with the transmission, we'd have a leg to stand on."
I'm so upset. We felt it again today just driving to and from lunch.
We've had Silverado's for 30+ years. This may be our last. Not sure if any of you all had your engine oil cooler lines leak and detach from the crimp joints. Had that happen in March this year. Lost all the oil on the road. Found out there was a "customer satisfaction program" to address that. Thanks for the snail mail letter or email. Nope...find out on your own while you are driving down the road and you lose oil pressure and start smelling oil burning and look out your mirrors to see a trail of oil behind you. Thank goodness we weren't pulling our 32' travel trailer.