Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

2001 4.3 Vortec Warm Start Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2015, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hogguy,
This sounds like something else. When you do spray something in it and it starts when warm, does it continue to idle well or does it drop off? Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? Sounds to me this is possibly the problem because when it's cold the system will force a good amount of fuel into the engine to start it but when warm there is no extra fuel available and if the fuel filter is dirty or the fuel pump is weak (most likely the fuel filter) then it will starve of fuel during warm starts. Try that and let me know. Try to give a few more details too as to what is happening and when.
Joe out!
Old November 28th, 2015, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by GoodOlJoe
Hogguy,
This sounds like something else. When you do spray something in it and it starts when warm, does it continue to idle well or does it drop off? Have you replaced the fuel filter lately? Sounds to me this is possibly the problem because when it's cold the system will force a good amount of fuel into the engine to start it but when warm there is no extra fuel available and if the fuel filter is dirty or the fuel pump is weak (most likely the fuel filter) then it will starve of fuel during warm starts. Try that and let me know. Try to give a few more details too as to what is happening and when.
Joe out!
Hey Joe
I had thought the same thing and replaced the fuel filter, the truck did run ok for a day or so but then after the same issue was present. Also once the carb cleaner or ether was used idle was cherry. Only issue was warm start say you ran into the gas station to pay filled up the tank and then tried to start. Now if you turned the truck off for less than 5 min it was start right up. Odd enough 7 min crank no start with out carb cleaner or ether.
I DID FIX THE ISSUE AND IT WAS A FULE PRESSURE REGULATOR. Going on two months and no further issue.
This issue on this truck was the farthest thing from my sight and mind due to it being a spider jet fule system and not being able to see the regulator. For anybody elce with this issue It's located under the upper intake on the back of the spider, spider sits on top of the plentom.
Old March 28th, 2023, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, just wondering if you solved your warm start problem im having same problem