Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

99 astro with rear ac issue

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2010, 8:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heys Aaron...I found the skinny hose it was disconnected on both ends...I found the drivers side point on some cannister next to the valve cover....you said the other goes up towards the front> Would that be the HVA?? Didn't see any skinny hoses near that AC cannister...but I'll look again in the AM!!
Old August 28th, 2010, 8:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Ok curiosity got to me so i went out to the van and found it!! I already have a replacement so I 'll hook it up tomorrow...LOL...thanks anyway!!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 7:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs up REAR AC issue RESOLVED

Ok...Stooge slap me when I'm done....after going through the headaches of trying to find out what was wrong with my rear ac....Rear evaporator...nope...clogged hose...nope...leaks...nope...relay...nope..WAIT... YEP!!! When I first changed the Compressor...it would kick in...but I went to working on the Fuel pump...so after that is when i noticed when the AC wasn't working.. I thought I checked the number but I guess I didn't...so after fixing the vacum hose (BIG THANKS TO AARON)..I decided to look again at the Relay...with Van running, I was getting ready to pull the relay out and as soon as Touched it the Compressor kicked on..WTF..so I let it run for a min checked the Vents and brrrr. sweet cool air....I went back to the relay to check for loseness and it was hot as He!!...went to Autozone $10 bucks and I'm driving with the windows rolled up!! Thank God...I'm getting ready to go from DC to Alabama in 2 weeks...AGAIN big thanks to AAROn AKA IHATEMYBIKE.....
Old September 7th, 2010, 6:20 AM
CF Active Member

Good to hear you resolved your AC problem resolved while I was out camping in MT.
Old September 7th, 2010, 8:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ihatemybike
Good to hear you resolved your AC problem resolved while I was out camping in MT.
Thanks....hope you enjoyed the camping..thanks again for all your help!