Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Astro Window Opens Half Way

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2011, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astro Window Opens Half Way

The driver side power window on my 2000 Astro opens half way. The motor keeps running, but the window refuses to open the rest of the way.

The window will close, but after closing, the motor continues to run until I remove my finger from the button.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

knowing absolutely nothing about astros in particular, I'd have to say the likely culprit is the felt lining in the window channels has worn out or turned to goo. It is a common problem in all older vehicles.
Old April 13th, 2011, 7:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by mejung
The driver side power window on my 2000 Astro opens half way. The motor keeps running, but the window refuses to open the rest of the way.

The window will close, but after closing, the motor continues to run until I remove my finger from the button.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Sounds like it's not catching (THE TEETH).......

Before replacing the motor (Still a possible Culprit) take the panel off (EASY) pull the liner down and inspect the linkage and motor as you open and close. I replaced the Passenger some months back....very easy to do...now my Drivers side is acting up....If I hold on to the button too long while lowering it, it on't go up right away.....it's like a power drain...have to wait for it to (RECHARGE...so to speak) I'll be replacing that one soon. But to be on the safe side order a motor and replace it anyway..mine is a 99.....no harm no foul....
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

I would just order a replacement motor. I had similar issues with my drivers side motor. $50