Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

09 Silverado Radio Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2009, 1:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Silverado Radio Replacement?

My 09 2500HD LT has the AM/FM/single CD option (US8 code). I have an opportunity to pick up the Nav DVD Radio (U3U code) manufactured by Denso and advertised as a factory OEM replacement for 07-09 Chev/GM truck, PN 25894202/15940102. The package includes the map disc, navigation antenna and the VSS/Voice wiring kit. Is this all the hardware I'll need to do the conversion?
Old July 30th, 2009, 6:23 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

yes that sounds about right.

Make sure the truck is equipped with an amp before you make your purchase though. Look for RPO code UQA in the glove compartment. You must have an amp installed or there will be very low\no audio
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Thx for response. Checked the build sheet, no UQA listed. Would I need to buy this amp to make this swap work, or ???
Old August 1st, 2009, 7:38 AM
Banned

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/how-install-oem-nav-2007-tahoe-2155/
Old August 4th, 2009, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Thx for link. After reading through that thread and a few others, I think I'm leaning toward the aftermarket option. Local Chev dealer seems reluctant to help with a "non-VIN matching" radio. They said they've had considerable problems with folks doing these nav upgrades.
Old August 4th, 2009, 2:43 PM
Banned

in that case, get this module for integrating your aftermarket NAV. this thing works wonders, and also does VSS, E-Brake, Reverse, and R.A.P. through data and outputs them for easy connection at the radio harness
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=26
Old August 5th, 2009, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

How does this OS4 compare with the GMOS-LAN-01? Do they both do essentially the same things?
Old August 6th, 2009, 8:56 AM
Banned

essentially the same module. A few differances are Steering wheel controls(if equipped)(yes you need a separate module to retain them) are plug and play with the OS4, with the GMOS-LAN-01 you must hardwire it to the BCM. Onstar volume can be controlled with the Steering weel controls with the OS4, and with the GMOS-LAN-01, you have a couple options, set it and leave it, or install a monetary contact button to turn the volume up or down. The audible "click-clack" from the turn signals will need to have a relay installed with the GMOS-LAN-01, and with the OS4, there is a chime module that comes with the kit that will just plug into the module
Also, the GMOS-LAN-01 is specific to the audio setup you have in the truck(non-amplified only), the OS4 will do any aduio setup.

Either module will work, but the OS4, IMO, is the better module.
I have seen the GMOS-LAN-01 modules go into "logic lock", meaning you need to cycle power to them to wake them up and make them functional again. I have yet to see the OS4 fail on any vehicle yet. I have done probably 10 installs with the OS so far
Old November 22nd, 2012, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

I am also in the same boat and can't seem to find any answers. I have a 2009 1500 LT with the factory single CD. I have steering wheel controls and the bluetooth. I am looking at Part Numbers 20807044 and 15921422. The second one comes with an amp and all the connections. The first one I have been told needs an amp to work. Is that because it is for the Lux edition, which I don't have in my truck. If I got one that was non-lux would that just plug and play with the current connections? Is there anyway to see which part numbers would work with my truck as is so I don't have to keep calling the dealer? Is there a specific amp that is needed? Lastly, how do you remove the radio in a 2009, do you have to remove the whole dash or is there a cover over the radio hiding the screws? Thanks for any help.

Brett
Old November 26th, 2012, 5:36 PM
CF Junior Member

i would lean towards aftermarket myself...just seems like there is more options for the driver....and maps are usually updated via SD card...

Quick Reply: 09 Silverado Radio Replacement?