Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Bluestar 2010 Bluetooth module group buy

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2012, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluestar 2010 Bluetooth module group buy

I am trying to see if there is any interest in a group buy for the Bluestar 2010. This module replaces the onstar module in GM cars 2002 and newer, giving you bluetooth connectivity while using the existing onstar equipment like the microphone and mirror buttons. The unit normally costs $279 total, but the vendor said if we can get 10 people to buy, the price goes down to $225. I have this posted here in the CruzeTalk forum: Gauging interest for Bluestar 2010 Group buy

This works for more than just the Cruze, but I would suggest looking into specifics of your car on their website. Here is the link for their site: costartech.com - BlueSTAR

PM me or post here or on the CruzeTalk forum if you are interested in this deal!
Old May 13th, 2012, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up I think I am going to need this

How confident are you that this will work as promised? Where is this OnStar module located at in the Impala?
Old May 13th, 2012, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by RMorrow
How confident are you that this will work as promised? Where is this OnStar module located at in the Impala?
Personally, I have been looking around for the last year for the best option for Bluetooth for my car, and this looks like the best option. I'm not sure which year your impala is, but it looks that most of them are in the trunk. COSTAR-Tech Forum • View topic - 2011 Impala OnStar Location/install tip

The company says it gives you a full refund within the first 30 days if you are unhappy with it.

I would talk to Chris from Costar tech if you are still unsure of it. Here is his email address: chris@costartech.com
Old May 18th, 2012, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Bluestar 2010 Bluetooth module group buy

I have been trying to go the "factory" upgrade route and the chevy people keep telling me "oh, that vin isn't equipped with bluetooth..." uh duh, that's why I'm asking. They suggest aftermarket. I guess they're eager to get another car off of the warentee contract.

Have you had many takers for the volumn discount?
Old June 15th, 2012, 4:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would participate. I have feelers out for some options on used ones and a possible group buy on another site but if none of that works out, I'm in!
Old June 19th, 2012, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DPLarson
I would participate. I have feelers out for some options on used ones and a possible group buy on another site but if none of that works out, I'm in!
I don't think that the group buy will go forward.There is not enough interest in this.